• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is a blackpowder weapon considered a "firearm?"

So potatoe guns are out too then?

Use compressed air and you are fine. Use hair spray and you just made a firearm.

There's a great podcast called "Trigger Words' that covers firearms law topics like this in detail. The same guy (Ryan Cleckner) has a long range shooting podcast as well, but since he's a firearms lawyer, it covers a lot of legal stuff as well.

a felon or other prohibited person who cannot own firearms can buy a black powder pistol and kit and have it shipped to your door

a single action .44, .41, or .36 is still effective
But if found in possession, in Georgia he can and should be charged with a state felony.

If you are ever in the vicinity of The President, pull out a black powder gun and see if the Secret Service considers it a firearm.

I highly would recommend NOT doing this.

Food for thought...

I walk into the Floyd County Courthouse, enter the metal detector staging area, place my loaded Colt New Army .44 replica in the tub, have it scanned, will I then be able to re-holster it and take it into the courtroom?

I'll take a wild guess and say no. :lol:

It doesn't matter what the propellant is. The difference is whether it uses a self contained cartridge, or is loaded from the muzzle. You could have a Black powder glock 19, but it is still a firearm.

Back
Top Bottom