Is a dedicated 556 can worth it?

What's the logic there? Mini cans are really loud on short barrels and were designed for use on longer barrels weren't they? Seems like you'd want a full size can to mitigate the larger flash and blast of a short barrel.

Not speaking for his comment, but i want a mini on my sbr for a smaller overall light package that wont rock my world when I shoot it. Its all a compromise and for an sbr field gun i prefer lighter. The gemtech halo titanium also calling my name due to lightnest.

Not speaking for his comment, but i want a mini on my sbr for a smaller overall light package that wont rock my world when I shoot it. Its all a compromise and for an sbr field gun i prefer lighter. The gemtech halo titanium also calling my name due to lightnest.
I can see that, where the overall length is the primary concern. But otherwise, I don't really get the 556 SBR = mini can idea.

I can see that, where the overall length is the primary concern. But otherwise, I don't really get the 556 SBR = mini can idea.

Well for me a sbr is about shortness and lightness. No point in making a 10" sbr then putting another 6-8" can. But now we're just slitting hairs, or inches anyways

What's the logic there? Mini cans are really loud on short barrels and were designed for use on longer barrels weren't they? Seems like you'd want a full size can to mitigate the larger flash and blast of a short barrel.

I'm not buying a 10.5 inch upper with quiet in mind, the suppressor just takes the edge off. Buy short and stay short.

The mini cans I've shot were enough for me.

I wouldn't put a mini can on a longer barrel because I don't use full length barrels for tasks I prefer the shorties for.

Well for me a sbr is about shortness and lightness. No point in making a 10" sbr then putting another 6-8" can. But now we're just slitting hairs, or inches anyways
Yeah, my approach is a little different. The sbr + suppressor basically puts me at a similar overall length as a 14.5 - 16 gun.

I'm not buying a 10.5 inch upper with quiet in mind, the suppressor just takes the edge off. Buy short and stay short.

The mini cans I've shot were enough for me.

I wouldn't put a mini can on a longer barrel because I don't use full length barrels for tasks I prefer the shorties for.
I hear you. For me, having to wear ear pro during a day of shooting with a mini can would sort of defeat the purpose.

Back
Top Bottom