• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is an AR lower a Rifle or a Part?

Is an AR lower a rifle or a part?

• It is a rifle, list it in rifles.

Votes: 48 47.1%
  • It is a part, list it in parts/accessories.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • It is a rifle, but I would prefer it was listed in parts.

Votes: 19 18.6%

• Total voters
"Every thing you do is taking a stand on something." So when I had a chicken sandwich for lunch, what stand was I taking? How about when I called my girlfriend earlier today? Or when I checked my email? Why does everything we do have to have so much meaning to it? Why does every question have to have a right or wrong answer, no middle ground, no gray area?

Apparently I'm just going to have to ignore this thread, the blanket statements are too frustrating and you seem to have a new one in each post.

You took a stand on animal rights with the chicken sandwich, a stand sexuality with the call, and a stand on how you fee about what you call blanket statements with the email.
let me know if I can help with anything else.

Wow, this thread turned into a **** storm, yeah?

Big ups to Steve for asking for the general consensus before making a decision on this. I have a feeling he may think twice before doing so the next time though, which sucks. And Kilo, you take "for arguments sake" to a WHOLE different level. Chill out, its just an opinion poll.

Wow, this thread turned into a **** storm, yeah?

Big ups to Steve for asking for the general consensus before making a decision on this. I have a feeling he may think twice before doing so the next time though, which sucks. And Kilo, you take "for arguments sake" to a WHOLE different level. Chill out, its just an opinion poll.[/QUOTE]

Go back and read again, it all started with a simple opinion that was quoted and debated. I'm totally chilled, I've not got excited in a single post. I've just defended my opinion and will keep doing so if needed.
You don't have to be angry to debate, but some just can't seem to do it without getting angry and personal.

You took a stand on animal rights with the chicken sandwich, a stand sexuality with the call, and a stand on how you fee about what you call blanket statements with the email.
let me know if I can help with anything else.

No other help needed, you've already assisted me greatly in showing everyone why the ignore feature built into vbulletin is such a nice feature.

No other help needed, you've already assisted me greatly in showing everyone why the ignore feature built into vbulletin is such a nice feature.

Now that's funny. If you can't keep up there is alway an ignore button.

It seems that you're the only person I've met here that I just don't think I'm going to be able to get along with. I sure do hate that, but I'll get used to it.

Kilo, you are just a "challenging" type person by nature. It can be an advantage and a disadvantage. My vote is to relax a bit and don't get so worked up. :hat:

Kilo, you are just a "challenging" type person by nature. It can be an advantage and a disadvantage. My vote is to relax a bit.:hat:

Why would you think that I'm not relaxed or I'm not chilled out. I've not attacked anyone, I've not called anyone any names, I've complimented Steve on his running of the site, I've pointed out that I was impressed with how you posted (I still don't agree with you, but it does seem that you're the most mature or educated opposition), I've only answered posts and done so while trying to respect the opinions of others. This has been a simple debate, I just don't let things go when challenged.
You guys should read again and then see who keeps losing it.

I'm also a very loyal and honest person.

Now that's funny. If you can't keep up there is alway an ignore button.

It seems that you're the only person I've met here that I just don't think I'm going to be able to get along with. I sure do hate that, but I'll get used to it.

Theres also a ban button. I'm tired of this useless back and forth with you, you are not taking my comments seriously so why the hell would I continue to deal with you? You didn't have a real answer to my last question so you went with a childish one. Eating a chicken sandwich is not taking a stand. Calling my girlfriend is not taking a stand. Checking my email is not taking a stand. These are not stands on issues, they are just things people do throughout the day. Why is it such a profane thought that some things aren't a big deal?

Theres also a ban button. I'm tired of this useless back and forth with you, you are not taking my comments seriously so why the hell would I continue to deal with you? You didn't have a real answer to my last question so you went with a childish one. Eating a chicken sandwich is not taking a stand. Calling my girlfriend is not taking a stand. Checking my email is not taking a stand. These are not stands on issues, they are just things people do throughout the day. Why is it such a profane thought that some things aren't a big deal?

and there it is, I've bee waiting on the ban button warning. If I've broken any rules feel free to point them out before you ban me so everyone else can avoid being banned.

You're very wrong when you say I'm not taking your comments seriously. The folks over at PETA would take your chicken sandwich as a statement that you are not a supporter of theirs. The fact that you have a girlfriend and call her is a statement that you are not gay. There are gays in Atlanta that will take that as you are against them even if you could care less.
That's the point that you miss. What you do might not be a statement to you, you might be very happy living in a world where your actions mean nothing, but you can be sure of something. Your actions are statements to someone.

You'll figure this out very quickly if you turn that girlfriend into a wife. Just to make sure everyone knows, I'm not taking a shot at the girlfriend and I wish you only the best with her.

If the back an forth is useless for you we could have agreed to disagree a long time ago. Again I've only defended posts where I was quoted, I just have to keep doing it and they keep getting more heated.

Last edited:
Ding...Ding round two. I think conversation like this is healthy and beneficial for both the parties involved and the onlookers. If you can't feel free to voice your opinion you might as well not have one. I just hope everyone can keep this as a debate instead of turning it into a bitchfest (no offense ladies ;))

Now for the brown nosing:

Thank you Steve for putting this poll / discussion up in the first place. Thank you Kilo for making this all the more interesting.

ON WITH IT!!! :deadhorse: :fencing: :argue:

Back
Top Bottom