• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is engraving required?? Form 1 sbr

We are allowed to build complete rifles and pistols from 80% receivers and as the individual completing it, that makes you the manufacturer and is is legal if you do not transfer it and it stays in your possession. Is this not correct?
That is correct.

You do not have to engrave it until you decide to sell it. Is this also not correct?
This is also correct.

So, if I am correct with the above logic, then wouldn't a form one SBR only be required to be engraved if you decide to sell/transfer it?
Yes, it would.

Unless there is something specifically requiring it. I don't know. Chime in ODT
Tacos.

That article is interesting, but I wouldn't bring that to court as my proof of innocence. Everyone should read it, all of it.....

Sharpshooter. When you sold your form 1 sbrs did you have them removed from the registry or are they still registered to you?

One was transferred on a form 4. The other was sold as a regular gun as I removed the short barrel. They new owner filed his own form 1.

IMO, unless explicitly stated word for word, there is no way in the world I'd want in my possession a NFA item with no engraving, trust or individual, at all. To much to risk trying to defend a point that may or may not hold up in a court room that does not want us having weapons to start with. I wouldn't risk playing with that stacked deck.

IMO, unless explicitly stated word for word, there is no way in the world I'd want in my possession a NFA item with no engraving, trust or individual, at all. To much to risk trying to defend a point that may or may not hold up in a court room that does not want us having weapons to start with. I wouldn't risk playing with that stacked deck.

^This. The courts are not your friend.

Back
Top Bottom