Is Firearms ownership just a hobby for you?

Are Firearms just a hobby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel like it's a way of life for me. Firearms make my other hobbies possible. Also, I look forward to sharing my passion with my future family and passing on the "torch" if you will, the importance of firearms and how to use them safely. With the current climate of all that happened, I feel it's even more important to me than it ever was.

Inspired by another thread, I decided to create a poll. For me the answer is a definite "no".

Firearms have been a part of my life since I was old enough to start creating memories. Playing with toy guns, and eventually graduating to an air rifle at age 4, and a real gun at age 8 (A Marlin model 60) guns were the cornerstone of all that was pure, good, innocent, and wonderful during my childhood. Before age 13 I walked hundreds of miled of river bottom with my dog and my .22, with my father and my .410 single shot chasing pheasants, and spent hours upon hours shooting every type of firearm imaginable at the pasture. As I grew and mature, so did my love of guns and shooting.

My tastes in firearms has evolved, as has my understanding of how important it is for the people to always have the right to defense against those bigger, stronger, or faster than them. I do not consider it a right, for the physically weaker to "get" to fistfight with someone intending to do them harm. I have also come to understand the broader, and more far reaching consequences of becoming a nation of limited private firearms ownership..look no further than the oppressed in North Africa. So anyway, I understand how some people have a less personal relationship to the second amendment, but I do not. I am unwilling to accept that the main reason for crafting this amendment can be, and will be ignored. We are not just hunters and collectors, we are citizens.

Your thoughts, opinions, stories?

HGUNHNTR

I agree with you 100% man. It's about protecting myself and my family, being there to protect others if needed, but more than that. Not sure I can put words to the way I feel about it but it's essentially about being an American and believer in the founders of our country and the Constitution. So, at the core it's much more than a hobby to me although a lot of what I do is hobby-esk because I just enjoy it. If it wasn't also a hobby, I would still have the basic set of guns I need to protect my family and my "house" and prepare for future SHTF situations... because it is ALSO my hobby, there are a "few" more guns in my safe than I really need for defense or emergencies :rolleyes:

And, and there is this...

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" TJ

Last edited:
I have deep family history with the military, and still have family in it to this day. I support them fully, but if you think Im going to fight them over gun ownership and have something bad happen to me , not going to happen. I would leave before I fight them.

These young people not willing to defend the Second Amendment because of their commitment to their family are making a decision to let their family have them over liberty.

Which right will you trade next?

Ain't a bit of bravado in me. It's love, nothing more.

My Wife would stand right next to me in defending our God given rights from the Tyrants. At least when they come with their thermal optic equipped drones we will leave this world together. My son is active duty and is a Oath Keeper. He is ready to fight and die if necessary to protect y'alls constitutional rights. We all should be willing to do the same

I have very deep roots in America. My ancestry can be traced to the Mayflower Compact of 1620. I am directly descended from one of its signers. My double great grandfather fought for the Union in the Civil War. He lost two brothers in that war. My grandfather served in WW1, my father in WW2. I take very seriously the ideology of our constitution and bill of rights. I believe the principles of those documents to be of an inspired nature....including the 2nd amendment. For me firearms are indeed a hobby. They give me pleasure. They also provide protection. But, they are more than just that. I regard owning them as something I am not willing to give up, as part of my American identity, and something history has taught me would be highly unwise. How far would I go to defend my liberty? I dont think anyone truly knows that answer unless put to the test. History has taught us that often the biggest braggarts are the first to fold and the seemingly wimpy will stand firm beyond anything we can imagine. Liberty is extremely important to me. I hope I am not put in a position to have to defend it.

No, NOT "Just" a Hobby, more like a WAY OF LIFE...I Carry--Legally--Every Day, and have for Thirty Years or so...And, to this day, Ted Kennedy's CAR has STILL killed more people than ALL the Guns I've ever owned!....mikey357

Back
Top Bottom