• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is Nick Saban the biggest coward in CFB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't blame a man for following the money, I think that is what he did. After all aren't we supporting the ammo flippers high prices on here? lol
No, but I can blame a man for lyiing... twice. When he left for Miami, I wished him nothing but success as I genuinely believed him (it was THE job he wanted). He had everything at Miami and more control than probably any other head coach. It is exactly what he said he wanted. He failed. At THAT point, had he said "This is not what I thought, I'm obviously better suited for life as a coach in the NCAA, I would have said "Stuff happens, good luck, we'd like to have you back but I'm sure you'll land somewhere and be great." Instead he lied up until the last second. Yeah I get 'negotiations' and all that but you can protect that without lyiing to your team and your fans.
Hey, there are much bigger 'crimes' in life. He just lost my respect as a person. He's still a great coach. I said when he went to Alabama they be NC again in his fourth year due to his recruiting. I underestimated him by a year.

I appreciate your honesty and position. I am glad that BAMA got him. We went through some rough times until we hit a homerun by attracting Saban to Alabama. My sympathies for having to deal with your clinically insane coach. :yo:
Here's some more honesty. LSU normally opens against a quality non conf opponent. I normally take great pleasure in them slapping them around (for some resons especially Oregon a few years ago). This year it was TCU. Most schools do not do that but it can certainly help your SOS and your bid for a NC. So this year they played TCU and then who are their other non conf opponents? UAB, Kent St. and Furman. Yep, it's weak. But given UGA and Bama on the road... I'll take it. :)

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom