• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is ODT going the way of craigslist??? (Aka dead)

It always slows down at the end of the year. That being said it has drastically slowed down this year. Right now Americans are broke and don’t have disposable income. Record credit card debt, inflation, and stagnant wage growth means no extra money for toys. I wonder if the government can keep things propped up for much longer. Zombie economy keeps staggering on.

It is really sad that most traders just refuse to take any trade. That’s the fun part of the site. Negotiating a good deal with trade mixed in should be expected. My favorite trades are when tons of items are mixed in.

The cash prices that some people have their stuff listed for is also ridiculous. Pricing your gun above brand new prices is just ignorant. Your item is used and you’re gonna have to take a loss. Especially if your gun is still in production and well stocked. Sometimes I think people just post things with inflated prices so they can get some attention. Poor lonely souls.

See below credit card debt chart. Notice 2008, 2019, and present times. The Covid farce is the only reason things staggered on past 2019.

Attachments

• IMG_6658.jpeg
    IMG_6658.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 28
Hell I’ve bought a Springfield 1911, Tavor X95, CZ-75, and CZ PO7 in the past week and have made 3 sales all through ODT. You just have to be willing to work with people and not be a total asshole. For me this is usually the best time of year to get stuff gone. I’ll list stuff during the Summer and it will sit for months.

Back
Top Bottom