• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is ODT going the way of craigslist??? (Aka dead)

Yeah this time of year is always slow for non gift items.
I drive a truck and always assume we will have lots of time off during this season, Thanksgiving- New Year

Last year it was several weeks til it picked back up, and I’m assuming the same this year.
Taking two weeks off.

It always slows down at the end of the year. That being said it has drastically slowed down this year. Right now Americans are broke and don’t have disposable income. Record credit card debt, inflation, and stagnant wage growth means no extra money for toys. I wonder if the government can keep things propped up for much longer. Zombie economy keeps staggering on.

It is really sad that most traders just refuse to take any trade. That’s the fun part of the site. Negotiating a good deal with trade mixed in should be expected. My favorite trades are when tons of items are mixed in.

The cash prices that some people have their stuff listed for is also ridiculous. Pricing your gun above brand new prices is just ignorant. Your item is used and you’re gonna have to take a loss. Especially if your gun is still in production and well stocked. Sometimes I think people just post things with inflated prices so they can get some attention. Poor lonely souls.

See below credit card debt chart. Notice 2008, 2019, and present times. The Covid farce is the only reason things staggered on past 2019.
I believe your on track here Wombat. Average debt of 10k. Wow! Debt goes up and the cc co’s raises the rates 5 points in a yr? Should be criminal. that’s just twisting the knife in the wound. I hope all the people carrying 10k have slowed buying not just sitting at their cc credit limit. Bidenomics for the win! lol

I blocked all the craigslist sellers. Things like broken designer sunglasses…

When it comes to guns half of the sellers are asking retail…
funny you should mention that. I've bought many rifles and pistols since joining this website but now they seem to need more than retail for their used stuff.
Post up your sale ads. I’ll send some low balls and “wish you were closer” to make you feel better
ain't that the truth. 459.00 brand new glock in the retail store listed on here after bubba rattle can customizes it and tapes a flashlight to it all of a sudden needing 950.00 for it......then he "splains" about his lack of patience for low ball offers and threatens putting it back in the safe it we don't jump all over it.......

1. FJB
2. Christmas is coming
3. FJB- this economy sucks
4. I am worried about another government shutdown. The wife and I both work for the FAA. Yeah, I know we will eventually get paid, but we went 5 weeks without a paycheck several years ago.
5. FJB
6. FJB
7. FJB

No worries - Joe is "building back better". :wacko:

I believe your on track here Wombat. Average debt of 10k. Wow! Debt goes up and the cc co’s raises the rates 5 points in a yr? Should be criminal. that’s just twisting the knife in the wound. I hope all the people carrying 10k have slowed buying not just sitting at their cc credit limit. Bidenomics for the win! lol
Look up “doom spending”. Lots of people going this way. Just run up the debt and refuse to pay. I kinda did this myself at one point but I was contracted to join the Army. I just paid off the debt 💸 racked up leading to my last few months as a free man. I doubt many of the newer generation will have this forethought.

Back
Top Bottom