• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this carbine worth purchasing?

I need to move.people around me ain't got nuting

In Macon, stop by any "Estate Sale" and you'll find people fighting over a matched set of Tupperware. (in Middle Georgia, "Matched Set of Tupperware" = all the margarine tubs used as "Tupperware" have the same label, normally only found in North Macon at rich people's houses)

Ask the gentleman where he obtained the rifle:

Does he have any paperwork on it? (Is this an old DCM sales rifle?)

Did he bring it back from military service?

Is he/was he a gun collector?

A little back ground on the rifle will greatly help place a value on it.

Keep in mind that he's 93. Old guys look at guns differently, even if they used to be gun guys. Often they're looking to pass something on that they can/will no longer use. Perhaps the $400 price is an offer of thanks for the things you and your wife have done, and by "selling" you the rifle, he feels like he's given back to you, and has passed on something that he enjoyed.

Keep in mind that he's 93. Old guys look at guns differently, even if they used to be gun guys. Often they're looking to pass something on that they can/will no longer use. Perhaps the $400 price is an offer of thanks for the things you and your wife have done, and by "selling" you the rifle, he feels like he's given back to you, and has passed on something that he enjoyed.

well you are correct, I told him I had asked on one of the "computer things" I am on (he does not do computers) and told him it is worth more then the $400 he wanted. He said probably but he wants me to have it and actually wants me to write the check to his church as a donation which is what I will do. While he did see service in WWII it was in a support unit in Africa and Italy, he said he got the carbine from a friend in the early 50's, so no real history.

well you are correct, I told him I had asked on one of the "computer things" I am on (he does not do computers) and told him it is worth more then the $400 he wanted. He said probably but he wants me to have it and actually wants me to write the check to his church as a donation which is what I will do. While he did see service in WWII it was in a support unit in Africa and Italy, he said he got the carbine from a friend in the early 50's, so no real history.

Awesome. Sounds like a great Man.

Back
Top Bottom