12   0
Reaction score
Item Name: 40 cal

Zip Code: 31064

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Caliber: 40

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I know this isn't the right place but maybe the best place for a quick response.i just want to know why 90% of people on here shy away from 40 cal,I own several 40's and I think it's a great round and more cost effective then a 45 acp and there's tons of people wanting the 45.just wanted to know y'all's thoughts,thanks

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Yea I agree with you on the .380 pricing. I think people put up with it because of the pocket pistols they like to carry. I wonder why it's so expensive.
All I can figure is supply and demand. A lot of these ammo manufacturers allow their plant to only make a specific caliber for an extended period of time, so I know a lot of people have .380"s, but a lot more people have 9's 40's and 45's. Other than that, I have no clue. Cost of operation is why I sold my .380's.

every body hates the 40 but i love it...it cuts chains i have on steels every time i miss and its a powerful round with some knock down power, we use it to clear small trees on the range and wee love to shoot in a Zeved out G22 gen 4 peew peew

I'm thinking that the 40's got a bad reputation when first introduced. They've since been improved dramatically. I have a 40 and a 45, and I consider the 40 to be superior in almost any conceivable situation.
I think if I remember correctly the FBI was testing the 10mm in there weapons and vast majority of officers couldn't qualify with it so they asked S&W to develop a round that was the same diameter bullet and weight with less recoil to get officers to be able to pass qualifiers with *close* to the same knock down power hence the introduction of the 40 s&w

I think if I remember correctly the FBI was testing the 10mm in there weapons and vast majority of officers couldn't qualify with it so they asked S&W to develop a round that was the same diameter bullet and weight with less recoil to get officers to be able to pass qualifiers with *close* to the same knock down power hence the introduction of the 40 s&w

That's how I remember it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom