• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jeep People...WTF!?

Pretty much what my post was. It was a random observation about how worked up some people (not you) get about the choices other people make with their money. The analogy I used was a weak attempt at humor.
I googled it before I posted.
At least you did your research........LOL.....

I bought a ****box jeep Cherokee XJ a few years ago with big plans to make a little trail rig out of it. Didn't really know anything about jeeps at the time.

Blew my mind every time I drove it every XJ on the road and most of the other jeep drivers would wave at me. Had no idea about the jeep wave. My jeep was literally just a neglected stock 20+ year old piece of junk but people in 40k rigs would wave and stop at the gas stations and stuff and ask about my plans for it.

It's cool though, nothing wrong with people forming a community over what their hobbies and passions are. We need more of that to be honest.
I still dig the plain old XJ especially the 2 doors which are very hard to find. Either the 2 or the 4 door is much more practical than the Wrangler. But they have issues too. I had a late 80s 2 door back in 2011 that had the 4.0/5 speed combo. And right after I got it it started popping out of 5th gear while going down the highway. Same thing with the 92 Wrangler I had soon after that. And that 4.0 engine ain't really as bulletproof legendary as Jeep guys would have you believe. As inline sixes go I like the Ford 300 WAY better.
All that being said I will be the first to admit that I would be all over a plain old XJ Cherokee at the right price. But that's mostly because I love body vehicles.

This is one of THREE jeeps I passed today with the ducks on the dash (it's the only one that I could actually get a picture of). I never realized until this thread that the ducks were really a thing!?! the bright green Rubicon that I saw had them all the way across the dash...crazy! I can't stand to have ANYTHING on my dash, not even dust...LOL

Attachments

• 20240415_135651.jpg
    20240415_135651.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 11
Yeah in the middle GA area I'd say 9 out of 10 Jeep Wranglers I see now have a dash full of rubber duckies. No idea what that is about. But as far as douchey I feel like the 4 door Bronco owners are taking the title. Doors off, tops down, huge M/T tires, shiny as a brand new whistle and has never been off the pavement. Plus they just think they're cooler than the Jeep guys.

I've owned a couple of Jeep TJ's over the years, never had duckies and that were taken off road a lot. Dirty inside as the outside was. But the duckie fad folks seems to be newer Jeeps that aren't offroaded at all because I'm not sure how all those ducks would stay up there.

Back
Top Bottom