• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

John’s Montain Shooting Range

This is why I suggested Creekside to OP. Rules are there for a reason. :noidea:
Johns mnt has tons of yeehaws that have no use for safety.

7b25f3a73d4372f9a1dd734a6b81ed2d.jpg

Seems like a lot of rules at Creekside :

• Creekside is a COLD RANGE. This means no loaded firearms of any type may be carried around the range. Absolutely no loaded firearms accept the ones on the firing line. If you're currently carrying a loaded firearm, please take it back to your car.

• Absolutely no pistols are allowed on the 50 or 100 yard range. This means in a bag or on the shooters body. All pistols must be kept in the car when on the rifle range.

Hmmm. So I can’t have my handgun holstered on my hip when at the rifle range?

I can't have my EDC on? Not happening!!!

I go to Johns in the morning during the week. Sometimes I am the only one there. I can`t stomach all the rules at Creekside. Same goes for some of the so-called range masters at indoor ranges. Some of them are ok, though.

This being a holiday week- what are our chances of finding johns mountain empty this week?

I wouldn’t go to creekside. The owner is a joke. An absolute a**hole and you will regret putting food on his table. I was a member there.... and I sure ain’t now. Go to Adairsville gun and range. Private club but you can go shoot to check it out to see if you want to join.

My son and i decided to go trek to Johns mountain yesterday. I knew it was a bad idea since you need to go when they open. There was a lot of new shooters and dudes shooting Mosins and slug gun shottys in the pistol side. Then there is the shooters that will not leave the bench area and get their $5 worth. We waited an hour before i got on the 75 yard range. The are some real tools there.

View attachment 1439666
Check out the backwards Spitfire and the 90 degree MBUS :)
View attachment 1439667
This probe dude was ok but this is a no-no since he’s in front of everyone and also blocking the only way in and out. He was a nice guy though.
View attachment 1439668
Bathroom door birdshot
View attachment 1439669
Why would someone do this? Morons.
John's Mountain is a waste of time usually....and DANGEROUS! As mentioned early in the morning on weekdays is the better time to go, but still no guarantees. Too many newbies and inconsiderate people with no range etiquette. Not to mention the gang bangers from Whitfield County frequent the place too, I've seen MS-13 thugs there many times. It's turning into the same situation at Cohutta /Sumac Creek too. I went to Cohutta back in early November to sight in my new deer rifle and had a bunch of Arabs come up beside me doing mag dumps with a AK-47 shooting from the hip and just pelting the hell out of me and my $3,000+ rifle (Weatherby Mark V 6.5-300/Nightforce SHV ) with their steel casings! They weren't even shooting at a target, just spraying the whole range from one end to the other! They use to both be decent places to shoot, but between the overcrowding, gangbangers, and meth-o-lanterns they suck now.

Back
Top Bottom