• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just cruising.

I second that motion. I haven't left the house but once since the 4th. It's odd if I leave the house more than 6 times a month and most of those times are quick ( well I say quick, it takes me 20 minutes to get to Kroger ) sprints to the grocery store. I would rather take a beating then go out anyway. I stock up on eats and bar this abode up!
I have a different strategy. I leave every day and do the same exact thing. I’ll lull them into a state of complacency… they’ll become less diligent, they’ll get lazy…
Then, I’ll spring my trap. When that happens, the trackee will become the tracker. They won’t know what hit em.

Just wait until you hear about cell phone tracking/listening, and the internet tracking what you do! And all of your data being sold!

In other words, yeah, this has been going on for a long time. Good I hope they look at everything I do, should provide some quality entertainment for whatever weirdo is assigned to my file :lol:

The Airbnb thing that's kinda creepy, but hey they get a free show I guess when they watch me shower and change the handful of times I've stayed in one.

Edited to add, just about every aspect of our lives now is probably being recorded or tracked. You have street cameras out, speed zone cameras, many vehicles have onboard tracking of some type, many people have their own dash cams installed, you have tag readers on police cars, interstates, etc. It's everywhere.

TLDR: I wouldn't stop a think I'm doing. Keep on cruising around and doing your thing. Let big brother find out how boring your life is, or if you like to entertain, flip of a camera when you see one :lol:

Just to clarify, I don’t think Airbnb is doing anything. People renting out their place might be putting in cameras and such, but I don’t think that has anything to do with Airbnb.

As far as vehicle monitoring goes, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s more of it in the future. As people drive more fuel efficient vehicles, gas tax revenue is dropping. I have heard talk of taxing additionally based on mileage. I can imagine a monitor that basically reports and charges drivers based on vehicle usage.

Just to clarify, I don’t think Airbnb is doing anything. People renting out their place might be putting in cameras and such, but I don’t think that has anything to do with Airbnb.

As far as vehicle monitoring goes, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s more of it in the future. As people drive more fuel efficient vehicles, gas tax revenue is dropping. I have heard talk of taxing additionally based on mileage. I can imagine a monitor that basically reports and charges drivers based on vehicle usage.
Yeah, its actually the owners of the properties. Airbnb just gets called out since you're doing business through them. All Airbnb can do is tell them to remove them, but as far as I know, they don't have to remove any outdoor cameras that watch the entrance ways, driveways, etc.

Reactions: GFB
I have a newer truck. It has that Ford app thing on the display for maintenance reminders and such. I've been wondering for a while if there is a way to disconnect the truck from anything outside techwise and if they built in negative effects if that is done. OCM computer or something? I'm sure if there is a solution they have made it cost prohibitive for most. Would love to hear if anyone has done, or knows how, to do this.

Isnt the gov't advocating that new cars have air sensors that car tell if you've been drinking and it activates a kill switch? And the police can activate the kill switch in a them in a chase? If that ever happens, I am not buying that car.

I will keep putting LS's in 1970's cars until I die. I hate all the new tech in cars, the auto-off thing drives me mental.

I have a newer truck. It has that Ford app thing on the display for maintenance reminders and such. I've been wondering for a while if there is a way to disconnect the truck from anything outside techwise and if they built in negative effects if that is done. OCM computer or something? I'm sure if there is a solution they have made it cost prohibitive for most. Would love to hear if anyone has done, or knows how, to do this.
What signal is feeding the Ford app? cell? I would imagine you could turn it off.

If you have an auto-off feature you can disable it with an after market thing that plugs into your ODP port.

Isnt the gov't advocating that new cars have air sensors that car tell if you've been drinking and it activates a kill switch? And the police can activate the kill switch in a them in a chase? If that ever happens, I am not buying that car.

I will keep putting LS's in 1970's cars until I die. I hate all the new tech in cars, the auto-off thing drives me mental.
Do you think they will do the same for Marijuana. Imagine riding down the road hit a skunk and the car cutting off. If they do you will see 60% of the cars on the road disabled.

Back
Top Bottom