• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kemp sets the stage for a new Georgia fight over gun rights

I think it's a political stunt,
and I wouldn't put it past the governor to tell key legislators that he doesn't really want to see this pass in Georgia; he just wants to put on a show for the gun nuts and right wingers, so they'll get motivated to come out and vote for him instead of saying home and saying "all these politicians suck."

But, given how many probate court judges drag their feet and miss deadlines in issuing licenses,

and given the fact that even if everything is done within the legal timelines it's still often a matter of several weeks before somebody can exercise their constitutional carry rights,

and given the frequency with which probate court judges wrongly deny somebody a carry permit because they misread something on their background check, or the judge makes unjustified assumptions about a GCIC arrest record that is not entirely clear...

and due to probate courts stopping the issuance of carry permits during the Covid crisis and even though those of us who already had a permit and merely needed to renew it were covered by a deadline extension people who wanted to get a permit for the first time were screw'd...

AT THIS POINT I'm ready to just go ahead and approve of "no permit needed carry" for any law biting citizens who is otherwise qualified to possess handguns.

One thing is abundantly clear. He has absolutely no idea what the Constitution does and does not.

" I believe the United States Constitution grants the citizens of our state the right to carry a firearm without state government approval.”
Yeah he’s pitiful always been pitiful no hope for him suck Georgia dry

Back
Top Bottom