• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Laws about others dogs on my land.

Be careful with this. You can get real jail time and big fines for "animal cruelty". DA's love to prosecute for this because they make for great press.

oh yes, this would deff be something best done out of the view of others that way owners would really never know and yah they love to attach stuff like that to the stupidest cases, its like they forget there are people that have fun shooting each other with the same stuff

after talking with the owners and they don't do anything about it......try what one of the neighbors down the street did.
he kept scooping up the poop and went and dumped on the guys front steps. it's not the dogs fault. it's the responsibility of the owner to maintain control of their dogs and your just giving back whats rightfully theirs.

they have no owners that I can tell just wild dogs one tried to kill the outside cat last week. I cant find a owner and I have called animal control and even talked to the local police who come by every now and then and with no real help. They dogs have no name tags or anything on them for that matter. They have gotten in to the trash and made a mess, the poop all over the place and go after the cats. I am not the only one around me sick of it but the city does not seem to care.

they have no owners that I can tell just wild dogs one tried to kill the outside cat last week. I cant find a owner and I have called animal control and even talked to the local police who come by every now and then and with no real help. They dogs have no name tags or anything on them for that matter. They have gotten in to the trash and made a mess, the poop all over the place and go after the cats. I am not the only one around me sick of it but the city does not seem to care.
If they go after your pet, kill it

Code of Georgia Annotated. Title 4. Animals; Title 16. Crimes and Offenses; Title 27. Game and Fish.

§ 4-8-5. Performing cruel acts on, or harming, maiming or killing dogs
(a) No person shall perform a cruel act on any dog; nor shall any person harm, maim, or kill any dog, or attempt to do so, except that a person may:
(1) Defend his or her person or property, or the person or property of another, from injury or damage being caused by a dog; or
(2) Kill any dog causing injury or damage to any livestock, poultry, or pet animal.
(b) The method used for killing the dog shall be designed to be as humane as is possible under the circumstances. A person who humanely kills a dog under the circumstances indicated in subsection (a) of this Code section shall incur no liability for such death.
(c) This Code section shall not be construed to limit in any way the authority or duty of any law enforcement officer, dog or rabies control officer, humane society, or veterinarian.

If all other options are exhausted, put a bowl of food scraps seasoned with a small amount of timic outside. Leave it out overnight and awake early the next morning to remove the remains.

I had a neighbors dogs kill my little Elmo,and animal control made him put his dogs to sleep and fined him .
But before that I had stray dogs coming in my yard and attacking my dogs,animal control said the only way I could shoot them
was if they were attacking a human,I told her really plain that if they came back in my yard they would be attacking ME,and I would be killing them all.

Never saw them again.........

Back
Top Bottom