• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Laws about others dogs on my land.

If you kill someones dog that didnt try to attack you/hurt you or your animals ---that makes you the biggest sack of **** alive in my book.

Shoot my dog and you best hope you dont have children, family or any animals you love. Id get medieval on you real quick
Keep your dog on your own property or follow it into the ground when you follow it onto mine.

i can't believe some of y'all talk about bb guns and poison for dogs. if you know theres a problem put fencing up or something. maiming animals or killing someone else beloved pet is a real way to show your terrible nature. dogs didn't choose to be overbred and tossed on the street. do you same guys shoot homeless people with bb guns and bring them a sandwich with poison in it ? good god
I can't believe some people casually talk about wasting a thousand dollars of other peoples money to fence OUT a dog some low life POS lets run free or that is feral and quite possibly a danger to children and the elderly.

Personally I'll just shoot the dog if it seems at all aggressive or dangerous or call animal control if not.

We have had issues with a neighbors (2) rotties, love to run all over the place, ask them to please keep their dogs in their yard and we would stay in ours, was told they are just animals and that they would continue to let them run loose. Told them ok, but we would do what we had to do to keep our animals protected.

Well two weeks later they decided to try to get aggressive again at us when we were in our yard one day. Finally they left my yard, and we did like wise. We went to TRACTOR SUPPLY, purchased two 50,000 volt cattle prods, with plenty of batteries. Got everything ready for their return, well it happened 2 days later, they came back was looking to see where everybody was, started their little game again, picked up the cattle prods, and was lucky enough to tag both of them one good time, they went screaming, howling, and,hollering back home. Where they belonged in the first place, not at my home chasing other animals.

The next time they came by the yard we walked to the road where the stood, and just woofed, and woofed, so all we did was just made the cattle prods clicked, and sparked and they went tearing back home for some animals it only takes one time getting tagged by 50,000 volts, however unlike some people they don't seem to forget a one time encounter with a snarling, snapping, sparking cattle prod...

One of the best investments we made for keeping other peoples animals away from where they are not wanted or needed...

Of course they did tell me they would not keep their animals home, so we just tried helping them with that problem...

We guess we could call it tag you're it... and they went home quickly...

We have had issues with a neighbors (2) rotties, love to run all over the place, ask them to please keep their dogs in their yard and we would stay in ours, was told they are just animals and that they would continue to let them run loose. Told them ok, but we would do what we had to do to keep our animals protected.

Well two weeks later they decided to try to get aggressive again at us when we were in our yard one day. Finally they left my yard, and we did like wise. We went to TRACTOR SUPPLY, purchased two 50,000 volt cattle prods, with plenty of batteries. Got everything ready for their return, well it happened 2 days later, they came back was looking to see where everybody was, started their little game again, picked up the cattle prods, and was lucky enough to tag both of them one good time, they went screaming, howling, and,hollering back home. Where they belonged in the first place, not at my home chasing other animals.

The next time they came by the yard we walked to the road where the stood, and just woofed, and woofed, so all we did was just made the cattle prods clicked, and sparked and they went tearing back home for some animals it only takes one time getting tagged by 50,000 volts, however unlike some people they don't seem to forget a one time encounter with a snarling, snapping, sparking cattle prod...

One of the best investments we made for keeping other peoples animals away from where they are not wanted or needed...

Of course they did tell me they would not keep their animals home, so we just tried helping them with that problem...

We guess we could call it tag you're it... and they went home quickly...
That's cool. But again, you had to spend YOUR money to fix someone elses irresponsible actions. And it cost them nothing. That's not good enough for me. Our laws are set up so that the damaged party has to pay to stop being damaged and fhe party at fault skates on the responsibility. That's just not right.

That's cool. But again, you had to spend YOUR money to fix someone elses irresponsible actions. And it cost them nothing. That's not good enough for me. Our laws are set up so that the damaged party has to pay to stop being damaged and fhe party at fault skates on the responsibility. That's just not right.

Your statement is true, however with today's attitude of others it has become the harmed individual, that is having to pay for the lazy, do not care attitudes of our neighbors, government, state and local governments, that their rights are everyone else's problem.

Basically it is a communist view, for the good of all, the single individuals rights do not matter any more...

Example, "IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO RAISE A CHILD, ADULT, etc.," no the family that had those children are the responsible to raise them, no matter who have those children they are the parties responsible for that individuals needs.

Throwing money at a problem does little to resolve the problem it only multiplies the problem and gets even bigger, and then more money, then the problem only gets totally out of hand, and spreads like crab grass and the roots just spread uncontrollable.

We would like to hear your view how to correct the problem, with little costs, file a complaint, enter suit, court costs, loss of time at your job, waiting for something to get into the court, more time loss from work. My investment was very small and had quick results from the parties that were doing the malicious harm. Plus since that time we have used those tools many times to ward off other animals that invaded areas that they were not wanted...

Just weighed those costs to our investment to the court route, plus it worked efficiently and quickly...

If you know the owner, and where they live. Just scoop up the poop, put it in a bucket, and dump it on their front porch.
You could leave a note telling them that they forgot something when they came over for a visit.

I had neighbors that let their dogs run freely. The fat sob would say no big deal. The dogs were not threatening at all. I got tired of picking up after them and could not stand the thought of one being hit by a car. I pick up the dogs one day and dropped them off at a no kill two counties away. Next time I saw the dogs they were on a leash being walked and fat boy had a fence built around his yard.

Back
Top Bottom