• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lawyer for trust in or near dahlonega/canton

The free one in this section works great, If you need help with it I can explain some things about it if you PM me.

It absolutely does, and I don't want anyone to think I am trying to tell you that it won't work. The one that I do is just specifically geared towards NFA items and addresses a few things that a basic revocable trust does not address. Essentially the things that come up after you have purchased items through your trust.

It absolutely does, and I don't want anyone to think I am trying to tell you that it won't work. The one that I do is just specifically geared towards NFA items and addresses a few things that a basic revocable trust does not address. Essentially the things that come up after you have purchased items through your trust.

What would some of those issues be? The obvious one that comes to mind would be letting others use it who are not trustees, what else?
While I would love to make use of your services as a college student with limited "fun" money its unfortunately not feasible...that is unless you need your lawn mowed a few times lol.

That said I do see the benefit of having an actual lawyer set up a trust, and with the upcoming changes it would seem like the smart thing to do, especially if they start to look especially close at trusts as we approach that deadline.

What would some of those issues be? The obvious one that comes to mind would be letting others use it who are not trustees, what else?
While I would love to make use of your services as a college student with limited "fun" money its unfortunately not feasible...that is unless you need your lawn mowed a few times lol.

That said I do see the benefit of having an actual lawyer set up a trust, and with the upcoming changes it would seem like the smart thing to do, especially if they start to look especially close at trusts as we approach that deadline.

That is the biggest one. ATF won't say whether letting a buddy shoot your SBR is a transfer under the definition of "loaning" so it is better to be safe and have a vehicle to allow others to become authorized users. Additionally, and this would be on down the road for you, there can be issues with improper distribution from your estate or constructive possession by people who are ineligible.

In this area, and many other areas of law, there is legality and reality. Legally, you probably are not supposed to allow your buddies to use your NFA items. Reality is that, to my knowledge, no one has ever been prosecuted for that. However, it is my job to tell you what the law is, and how it may possibly be interpreted. Therefore, I try to protect against as many of these "dangers" as I can, regardless of how likely they are to occur.

Plus, with my trusts you will have access to me for questions, amendments and updates, even after the initial trust is done.

PM me when you can and we can set up a phone call or a visit - no charge. I never charge for consultations.

Back
Top Bottom