• Stock

Votes: 38 64.4%
  • Hotrod

Votes: 21 35.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stock ?? NO fun !! :)

danaburnout.jpg

Agreed. It's a nice original car, and if it was an SS it would be best to leave it original. Since it's a Malibu you won't harm the value with performance mods. As long as you don't "bubba" anything you'll be in good shape. I'd go for a GM crate 383, overdrive trans, and Vintage Air if it needs it.

True. Resto- modding could increase the value of this car if done in good taste. Depending on your budget, type of driving you want to do with it would be a clue to where to start. A nice LS 3 would be nice.

https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/ls376-525

Or my personal favorite.

https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/lsx-454

Truth be told, an original 307 w/PG drivetrain does not have much value even to a Chevelle purest.
Set it aside and build what YOU want.
The Lemans blue '69 Malibu I've pictured above was an original 307/PG. As shown, it is now a healthy 383, TH350, 12 bolt.

Truth be told, an original 307 w/PG drivetrain does not have much value even to a Chevelle purest.
The Lemans blue '69 Malibu I've pictured above was an original 307/PG. As shown, it is now a healthy 383, TH350, 12 bolt.

I cannot see it through the fog, must of been bad weather that day .lol

This car has the original 10 bolt rear end. I am looking at a guy's 383 with a 700r. Both rebuilt by a shop near Screven and both for $3600. Is it necessary to change out the rear end?

This car has the original 10 bolt rear end. I am looking at a guy's 383 with a 700r. Both rebuilt by a shop near Screven and both for $3600. Is it necessary to change out the rear end?
For the street the 10 bolt is probably fine. If you decide to track it regularly a upgraded rear end would be worth it.

I'm a fan of the 383/overdrive combo. There's plenty of power and torque to be had from a 383, and much less trouble/expense than an LS engine.

Back
Top Bottom