• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LEO's Please Help Me Out Here!!

:lol:
but can move like a gazelle across the serengetti

on the bright side, if i ever get shot... maybe the HP won't have enough time and meat to expand, and it will act as a FMJ

who'd shoot someone as warm and fuzzy as you? it'd be like shooting the scandinavian don knotts. lol

Just keep looking around, many departments now have a 5+ year rule.....State and federal agencies will be almost impossible but county departments and the bigger cities are more flexible.
Save yourself some leg work and phone in to their personnel/human resource department, speak to the director/assistant director to be sure you are speaking with someone with proper knowledge and authority to give you the correct information.
I would not recommend you enroll and pay for the certification classes until you have a VERY promising situation as you would be investing considerable time and money on the front end with no promise of employment at the end of the process.
Good Luck

I've applied for several corrections postions as well, I hope that they do not have the same standards. Thanks everyone for your support and help. And who has any information about this "private sector". I've never heard of it, but it has def. piqued my interests. If anyone has any info on that, it would be well appreciated. I just went and tested for Clayton Co. corrections dept today, and the test was very easy, so that is also another route to think about!

Best advice I can give you is keep trying, I know a lot of agencies that have hired officers who admitted to doing more then a little cocaine, though you aren't going to be at the higher end f the list. Like it has been said don't lie on the poly, makes you look bad, and a lot of smaller agencies that are strapped for personnel only want you to pass the polygraph and as long as you have been truthful you may still be fine. Also, a number of agencies also have exceptions that speak to not having done the drugs for five years, after that period you may be able to get in. You could also look at going military and becoming an MP, looks good when you get out and you may be able to fast track to SWAT, and if not well private sector does pay a hell of a lot better then what most departments in georgia pay, other places though... Lets say there are departments that do pay very well.

What kind of "drug usage" are we talking here? Were you ever arrested and convicted? As far as I'm concerned if you have no convictions and it's not on your record don't say ****. While I don't believe in lying I also don't believe in judging a man based on his mistakes. So you did a little blow and puffed some on the magic dragon when you were younger. Hell I'd guess Vanguard has done that and look how christian he is now. We all do stupid **** when are young but we learn and grow from our mistakes. If a department won't take you because you've done drugs that's their loss. I've had sherrifs that worked at my highschool that were 100 percent honest and said they've done pot when they were younger. Hell as far as I'm concerned anyone age 40-50 has more than likely done pot, and anyone ages 15-30 still does pot.

Back
Top Bottom