• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LEO's Please Help Me Out Here!!

lie, you will probably be forced to lie again if you become a cop

I've been a LEO for the past 9yrs, and trust me you do not want to lie. Not only does this show what kind of character you are but when the lie comes out as they usually do then you have an ethics issue and no prosecutor will touch any case you bring them. That is another reason most departments don't want people with drug histories. If you really want to get into Law Enforcement it doesn't hurt to have a military background. I know most people who want a career in one profession don't want to be told to look at another but in my experience if you show your future employers the length that you'll go to serve the country or public many little things will be looked at a different way. Just my two cents hope it was helpful.

Have you thought about sending yourself through mandate school? You might have a better chance doing that and getting hired on as a certified LEO than being hired and being sent to mandate somewhere by the agency. Just food for thought

not a bad idea, but it cost over $5k plus expenses

The hope scholarship or grant will pay for your mandate school if you are an adult....My uncle was going to go that route, but he couldn't afford to take that many weeks (I think three if I remember correctly) off from work.

The hope scholarship or grant will pay for your mandate school if you are an adult....My uncle was going to go that route, but he couldn't afford to take that many weeks (I think three if I remember correctly) off from work.

^^^
I believe most basic mandate classes are 11 weeks, with the exception of Gwinnett and Atlanta PD's, but they are all interdeparmental
You can find more out here: http://www.gpstc.org/

Bad idea!! If you lied and then it was found out, you would REALLY never have a chance

how would they find out? unless he told them, even with a poly it cant be proved. further who would waste their time with that? if there was an issue it would show up during mandatory drug screenings

I've been a LEO for the past 9yrs, and trust me you do not want to lie. Not only does this show what kind of character you are but when the lie comes out as they usually do then you have an ethics issue and no prosecutor will touch any case you bring them. That is another reason most departments don't want people with drug histories. If you really want to get into Law Enforcement it doesn't hurt to have a military background. I know most people who want a career in one profession don't want to be told to look at another but in my experience if you show your future employers the length that you'll go to serve the country or public many little things will be looked at a different way. Just my two cents hope it was helpful.

+1 on the military background, even if you weren't military police while serving. I have a BUNCH of buddies that have gone into law enforcement since getting out of the Marines and we were all radio operators and wiremen. I was interested in going the LEO route myself, but my piercings are an immediate disqualification :(

+1 on the military background, even if you weren't military police while serving. I have a BUNCH of buddies that have gone into law enforcement since getting out of the Marines and we were all radio operators and wiremen. I was interested in going the LEO route myself, but my piercings are an immediate disqualification :(

You must have some wild piercings, alot of places have some looser dress standards ie non-uniformed LEO jobs.

Back
Top Bottom