• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LEO's Please Help Me Out Here!!

philwil68

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Guitar and Gun Slinger
114   0
Reaction score
Hey folks,
So, I am very determined in obtaining a career in Law Enforcement, however, everywhere I have applied and/or tested for has an automatic disqualification if you have ever done any drugs (except marijuana) in your entire life. We were all young and stupid once, and I don't want to lie (couldn't pass a poly anyway), but are there any departments that you guys and gals know of that do NOT have this disqualification. I understand why it is in place, but I also know that not every cop in the US has NEVER done any drug in their life. Someone help me out here.
Thanks!

I dabbled a little in cocaine. And trust me, I am fully aware that is a serious deal, but I haven't touched the stuff in a long time. Or any drugs for that matter. Hell, even tobacco has gone out the window.

boneill- I don't believe the marijuana is an issue as long as it is not (was) an excessive amount. But yeah, I was looking at DeKalb and Griffin as my only two local options left.

I have always heard 5 years of clean prior history and 1 year of nothing before your interview, and truth throughout, go a long way. IANALEO though.

Back
Top Bottom