• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Lethal air gun?

BIBM502

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
106   0
Reaction score
I have a friend that made a mistake a long time ago and because of that single moment he is no longer able to own a firearm. Fast forward to today he has tweaker house across the street from him. He tries to steer clear of them but since these drug addicts have moved in he has had multiple negative interactions and has had to call the police multiple times. He has invested a good bit of money into security cameras, etc...
Since he can't own a firearm he has been researching high powered air rifles. Apparently some of these things are big enough to take down a deer?!?
Anyone here have experience with anything powerful enough for home defense?
Budget is $1,000+

There are Pre-Charged Pneumatic air rifles in big calibers, like 9mm, .40, and .45. They are kinda weak as far as guns go-- might hit with the same kinetic energy as a .380 or .38 special round-nose standard velocity from a snub-barreled revolver.

P.S. If your friend make ONE mistake, long ago, and if this is a state conviction (not federal) has he checked to see if he can get his civil rights in general and 2A rights in particular restored? In Georgia, the Board of Pardons and Paroles has this power for most crimes.

P.S. If your friend make ONE mistake, long ago, and if this is a state conviction (not federal) has he checked to see if he can get his civil rights in general and 2A rights in particular restored? In Georgia, the Board of Pardons and Paroles has this power for most crimes.
It was in FL. He's said he's looking into it but from what he has researched it could take up to 10 years from when he submits the request.

Might be better than nothing.

I was at the outdoor expo last year and some guys had a table displaying their daily carry guns… that were air… looked pretty cool… I got a sticker from them, I’ll try to find where I put it today and send the company over to you. But for rifles… yeah people take down Buffalo, deer, bear… some pretty epic air rifles out there!

I have a friend that made a mistake a long time ago and because of that single moment he is no longer able to own a firearm. Fast forward to today he has tweaker house across the street from him. He tries to steer clear of them but since these drug addicts have moved in he has had multiple negative interactions and has had to call the police multiple times. He has invested a good bit of money into security cameras, etc...
Since he can't own a firearm he has been researching high powered air rifles. Apparently some of these things are big enough to take down a deer?!?
Anyone here have experience with anything powerful enough for home defense?
Budget is $1,000+
PCP Air Rifles.... Make them up to a 50 cal and people do hunt large game with even the smaller calibers. I have a Kral Puncher Breaker in .22. Love it. The manual pump is a workout. They do make compressors for it. You can't use a normal compressor due to the high pressure needed.

Check out this dude's channel: https://youtube.com/c/AirArmsHuntingSA

Here's a video of some monkey hunting:

Back
Top Bottom