• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lets see your most bubba/frankenstein/ratrod builds

Just put this together last Saturday. It is definitely NOT a cut down 10/22. It's a NEW virgin receiver Brownell's receiver and a cut down stock and barrel from a local member. So basically it's a Charger pistol but much cooler since it looks like some pirate ****.
Hell yeah! That stock needs some aging and a brass hilt. Really bring the aesthetic home

Just put this together last Saturday. It is definitely NOT a cut down 10/22. It's a NEW virgin receiver Brownell's receiver and a cut down stock and barrel from a local member. So basically it's a Charger pistol but much cooler since it looks like some pirate ****.
Great minds think alike. I've had this kicking around for a pirate build for a while now. Just haven't gotten around to it.
IMG_20211108_212122.jpg

Great minds think alike. I've had this kicking around for a pirate build for a while now. Just haven't gotten around to it.
View attachment 3662754
Take a saw to the rear another inch or two. Then get a wood rasp and a 12 pack. Then about 4 different grits of sand paper . Then boiled linseed oil and some satin clear coat in a rattle can.

Hell yeah! That stock needs some aging and a brass hilt. Really bring the aesthetic home
Only down side is I gotta get some kinda red dot to go on it which won't look right. But I put about 100 rounds through it at my Mom's house yesterday and quickly learned that without any kinda sights I was doing good to hit a large pizza box at about 20 feet.

Only down side is I gotta get some kinda red dot to go on it which won't look right. But I put about 100 rounds through it at my Mom's house yesterday and quickly learned that without any kinda sights I was doing good to hit a large pizza box at about 20 feet.

Parkinsons sucks.

Ah yeah, theres no way to really incorporate it unless you find somethingthat looks like a looking glass. Maybe go as small as possible with a swamp fox or something.

I gptta say this was a fun project. About $300.00 all in. I scored the used stock and barrel on here locally for I think $65.00. One of yall good guys from around Atlanta sent me a stock trigger group for $25.00. That was a blessing as they say. Brownell's receiver was $129.00 plus transfer. Complete bolt from Midway USA was under $40.00. Then it was just little **** like two takedown pins, buffer and stock screw. You can ebay most of this stuff.
I actually got the idea for this project drom a YouTube channel guy that 3D printed his own receiver. Good idea, but I don't have ANY room left at my house or one more outlet to plug anything in. But I am seriously looking at a 3D printer. They're way cheap now and hey, Glock frames for days...

Back
Top Bottom