• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Local Law Enforcement Using Military Equipment Questioned

LOL! What tanks? Nobody said anything about tanks.

You may want to look a little further into this subject prior to dismissing everyone. Perhaps take a ride to Fayette County SO, where they have a tank. Perhaps you could go visit Walking Small, Sheriff Victor Hill in Clayton County where, yes, they have a tank. Those are the two that I know of off of the top of my head. I'm sure there are more. LOL, indeed, sir.

There have been 127 fatalities associated with credible excessive force allegations within 2010, which means approximately 8.1% of reported excessive force cases involved fatalities. Of these excessive force fatalities, 91 were caused by firearms, 19 were caused by physical force, 11 by taser, and 6 by other causes.
*Note: fatalities listed are only those involved in cases where excessive force or unnecessary force was reported. This does not include all fatalities related to police use of force.

cato institute
Define "credible excessive force allegations".

This comment is comming from the mouth of a 20 cop. I am of the mindset if can afford to purchase a weapon you should be able to do so and legally possess it as long as you are not crazy or a felon. I have "stormed" a house during an active shooter incident in which a man inside opened fire on family members.Two folks died during that incident...Not by officers hands. I would have not felt we could enter such a situation if we had not had our AR15s and and our extended tubed shotguns. You as a citizen should be able to feel the same level of comfort if you are victimized by a person that is intending to do you harm in such a violent attack.

Armoured vehicles are a must to protect officers in certain situations....Meth labs...Drug houses ect. They should not be used without ptoper thought in any situation. Every situation an officer encounters is regulated by the constitution. I stress this to the officers under my command.

In the case of officers comming to disarm you when things go bad...Not gonna happen. It will be the hired guns already here on this continent.

Thank you! Does anyone have an argument with this? It seems perfectly reasonable to me.

You may want to look a little further into this subject prior to dismissing everyone. Perhaps take a ride to Fayette County SO, where they have a tank. Perhaps you could go visit Walking Small, Sheriff Victor Hill in Clayton County where, yes, they have a tank. Those are the two that I know of off of the top of my head. I'm sure there are more. LOL, indeed, sir.

Really? What kind? M1A1, an old Sherman? I don't believe for a second any LE organization has an actual functioning tank. They may have an APC or something similar, but calling it a tank is like calling a 10/22 an assault weapon.

Really? What kind? M1A1, an old Sherman? I don't believe for a second any LE organization has an actual functioning tank. They may have an APC or something similar, but calling it a tank is like calling a 10/22 an assault weapon.

Like I said, you might want to look a little further into this subject prior to dismissing everyone. I trust you are able to do your own research from this point forward.

http://m.news-daily.com/news/2012/jul/06/clayton-election-sheriffs-candidates/

This comment is comming from the mouth of a 20 cop. I am of the mindset if can afford to purchase a weapon you should be able to do so and legally possess it as long as you are not crazy or a felon. I have "stormed" a house during an active shooter incident in which a man inside opened fire on family members.Two folks died during that incident...Not by officers hands. I would have not felt we could enter such a situation if we had not had our AR15s and and our extended tubed shotguns. You as a citizen should be able to feel the same level of comfort if you are victimized by a person that is intending to do you harm in such a violent attack.

Armoured vehicles are a must to protect officers in certain situations....Meth labs...Drug houses ect. They should not be used without ptoper thought in any situation. Every situation an officer encounters is regulated by the constitution. I stress this to the officers under my command.

In the case of officers comming to disarm you when things go bad...Not gonna happen. It will be the hired guns already here on this continent.

Bravo sir.... I agree that the single reason any dept. "needs" these things is the "failed" war on drugs. I think the point that many are trying to make is that having APC's, drones and grenade launches allows us to pursue failed polices more aggressively and longer than we would if we did not. This is one of the reasons we ended prohibition, the cost in life and property was so high because the bad guys out gunned the police in many circumstances. But in following with the nature of things it's only a matter of time before the "war like" voilence we see at the Mexican Boader will come here. Hopefully we will avoid this. Hopefully we can put you guys in a position where you don't "need" APC's ..

Like I said, you might want to look a little further into this subject prior to dismissing everyone. I trust you are able to do your own research from this point forward.

http://m.news-daily.com/news/2012/jul/06/clayton-election-sheriffs-candidates/

You do realize the link has nothing to do with tanks, right?

And no, I have no reason to do any further research on this because I am sure I'm right. You are welcomed to prove me wrong if you can, but that's on you. You are the one claiming they have them.

You do realize the link has nothing to do with tanks, right?

And no, I have no reason to do any further research on this because I am sure I'm right. You are welcomed to prove me wrong if you can, but that's on you. You are the one claiming they have them.

Those phrases scare me. They usually lead to war and strife.

Back
Top Bottom