• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

long beach police shoot unarmed man in the back as he fled

This wouldn't even be a story if the guy wasn't a thief and running from apprehension, but based on the video it looks like the punishment was a little excessive.

RIP thief.

saw the vid still don't understand what happened, simply not complying with an order is not reason to shoot a man...

Have not heard the whole story though , don't know who he was or why he was stopped..

The sad thing about the board is we have two extremes..we have LEO haters and those that will support them to matter what they do..

I like to think I am in the middle I support them they do a very hard and sometimes stressful job, but when they screw up it needs to pointed out as well..

saw the vid still don't understand what happened, simply not complying with an order is not reason to shoot a man...

Have not heard the whole story though , don't know who he was or why he was stopped..
they responded to a criminal complaint (unsure of what it was) from a store. he fled the scene and police chased/followed him. he exits the car (when the video starts) and tries to leave, they yell at him and he ignores and keeps going. they fire bean bag at him and other police on scene thought he was shooting so they then used real ammo

he had no gun

i will say though some folks just dont realize the amount of skill and dedication to a job well done that it takes to shoot an unarmed man in the back

The family will sue, and the tax payers of CA will pay yet another multi-million dollar suit, and rightfully so. Hopefully manslaughter charges will be pursued against the murderous cop that shot a unarmed man. Even in the video, it is obvious the man is unarmed. At least the cops made it home safe.

has that been confirmed, say in an news article? If so, certainly changes things

they started shooting a bean bag at first and according to this report some other cops heard the bean bag rounds, believed the escaping suspect was the one doing the firing, then in turn shot him dead

has that been confirmed, say in an news article? If so, certainly changes things

this happened like the day before yesterday so there is still facts to be found. that is from the initial reports

but luckily we have video that shows him retreating and without a weapon

Back
Top Bottom