• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long Range shooting at Arena in Blakely GA

…I’m going to be at annual training….

😔😭

I got 3 long range rifles ready to go too. Farthest I’ve taken them is only 400 yards.
If you haven't been to Arena, it's worth the trip. I'm going with another group in April or I'd sign up for this one.

Gear inventory:

For those attending, post up what long range accessories you will be bringing as far as spotting scopes, range finders, kestrels, etc. I’ll make a running list here.

AK74U - Kestrel and Sig Kilo 3000BDX

Gear inventory:

For those attending, post up what long range accessories you will be bringing as far as spotting scopes, range finders, kestrels, etc. I’ll make a running list here.
Recommend that you pair up individuals coming alone, a shooter WILL need a spotter at distances not covered by remote cameras (in the tower).

Thanks for that info. AK74U and I will probably spot for each other. Going to see if my other buddy who can’t make it will let me borrow their spotting scope.

High end scopes as a secondary shooter *should* be good enough to spot shots. 25x and up with quality glass.

Thanks for that info. AK74U and I will probably spot for each other. Going to see if my other buddy who can’t make it will let me borrow their spotting scope.
Bigger is better. I use a 100mm objective lens 20-60 variable spotting scope and it's adequate to 1,200 yards (dry conditions where you can see splashes) , but no use beyond that other than reading wind.

What were yall shooting?

Im in for the weekend. I rented out The Unknown Distance February 26/27th ...had a blast with a great group of guys and looking forward to going back ASAP.... COUNT ME IN
check PM

I'll bring Kestrel and Sig Kilo 3000BDX. Might see if I can grab a spotting scope with Tactacam to grab footage of impacts and spotting purposes.

Gear inventory:

Back
Top Bottom