Looking to buy new Diesel pickup need input

Which Brand do you recommend and why?

• Total voters

nitrexman

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
832   0
Reaction score
Looking to buy a new 3/4 ton pickup with Diesel. this will be my first diesel so I'm not sure what brand to buy. Usually I'm a Ford guy but want to hear others.

Looking to buy a new 3/4 ton pickup with Diesel. this will be my first diesel so I'm not sure what brand to buy. Usually I'm a Ford guy but want to hear others.
My son-in -law has a moving business and he's had Ford and Chevy. He says Ford is the strongest and holds up best. I have a friend that has a Ram Diesel and he likes his although his pump for the additive stopped working and it's 3000.00 to fix it. My son has a Ford Diesel 3/4 ton F250 2018 or 19 and he loves everything about it but the fuel mileage.

I loved the torque of my “bulletproofed” F350 6.0 but dang the cost of upkeep and fuel ; never again unless for work and I’d still consider the new Godzilla motor turbocharged . 7.3 Godzilla (put a turbo or 2 on this one and WOW) . Honorable mention? (Only 3/4 ton truck I’d buy new).

I wouldn’t get a modern emission controlled diesel with DEF
Unless you tow . A lot .

Cost a bundle for the upcharge from a gasser , and then the oil changes cost a lot more and the maintenance and repair costs are off the chart compared to a gasser .

We have F-250/350/450/550's, Chevy 2500's, and Ram 2500/3500's at work. Based on my experience driving all of them, lasting the longest, putting up with abuse, AND seeing the recalls, Ford with the 6.7 diesel engine is the way to go.

Just drive down the interstate and count how many company work trucks are Fords vs everything else.

I wouldn’t get a modern emission controlled diesel with DEF
Unless you tow . A lot .

Cost a bundle for the upcharge from a gasser , and then the oil changes cost a lot more and the maintenance and repair costs are off the chart compared to a gasser .
Best answer. If you don't tow, like daily, then it's such a waste of a truck. I ain't talking about towing a bass, or ski boat. I mean real towing.

Back
Top Bottom