• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to buy new Diesel pickup need input

Which Brand do you recommend and why?

• Total voters
For what it’s worth, I have a 2001 Chevy 2500 H D with the 6.6 Duramax diesel. Bought it new and have 256,132.6 moles on it. I know the Duramax has come a long way since then just as the others have. I had to hange the injectors at 98,000 miles and changed the head gaskets to an upgraded version at that same time. Both the injectors and head gaskets were an issue in the first 4 years of the Duramax. Have not had a single issue yet since then that wasn’t fixed with routine maintenance. I do it all myself so I save a ton of money this truck pulls our 7,200 lb camper with the Allison 1000 transmission in “tow / haul mode with A c running wide open and cruise control set at 60-65 mph and this truck doesn’t even know it’s back there. If I ever do get another one I will stick with the Chevy Duramax.

diesel_smoke_makes_me_horny_bumper_sticker-rd077211268c241e3ac7e132d9499167c_qi2tl_200.jpg

Put this on it!

The best diesel engine goes to Cummins. The rest of the truck is garbage. Ford and GM v8s have so much crap on them that having them worked on costs $10k plus if the fuel pump goes out. . . . . . The emissions crap is going to go bad in 100k miles. DEF causes more pollution than it prevents. Morons at the EPA just can't see that all the extra garbage produced by DEF plastic and cardboard boxes renders them more than useless. I have a 2015 Duramax and if something happened to it, I don't know what I would do to replace it. I really think the 6.6 GM gas motor is where I would end up. It would get a power adder on top of it.

The best diesel engine goes to Cummins. The rest of the truck is garbage. Ford and GM v8s have so much crap on them that having them worked on costs $10k plus if the fuel pump goes out. . . . . . The emissions crap is going to go bad in 100k miles. DEF causes more pollution than it prevents. Morons at the EPA just can't see that all the extra garbage produced by DEF plastic and cardboard boxes renders them more than useless. I have a 2015 Duramax and if something happened to it, I don't know what I would do to replace it. I really think the 6.6 GM gas motor is where I would end up. It would get a power adder on top of it.
Delete the **** or deal with the consequences of having it. Bunch of garbage it is! There are disaster prevention kits for the Powerstroke for fuel contamination

Back
Top Bottom