• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to buy new Diesel pickup need input

Which Brand do you recommend and why?

• Total voters
it’s pretty much a non issue if you don’t buy the cheap crap fuel.
Even with that and or additives they still have failures. The CP4 was designed around European diesel and not the stuff sold here for whatever reason. Like the 6.0, not all of them grenaded but enough did to be concerned.

Even with that and or additives they still have failures. The CP4 was designed around European diesel and not the stuff sold here for whatever reason. Like the 6.0, not all of them grenaded but enough did to be concerned.
I’m adding the DPK because I don’t know for sure how it has been fueled in the past.

No way I'd pull that kind of weight with an F150.
They've been tested over and over again and as much as haters hate they are capable of towing that. Modern pickups properly equipped have way better brakes, handling, stopping capability, higher payload, and pulling power than the trucks of the past that were towing that kind of weight back in the day, including older super duty/HD trucks.

But I think the point he's making is, a lot of people out there will go buy a diesel to pull their single axle trailer with a side by side in it, or a small boat when they can easily get a way with a smaller gasser truck. They just want the diesel. If I wasn't pulling huge weight on a regular basis no way I'd buy one just for fun.

They've been tested over and over again and as much as haters hate they are capable of towing that. Modern pickups properly equipped have way better brakes, handling, stopping capability, higher payload, and pulling power than the trucks of the past that were towing that kind of weight back in the day, including older super duty/HD trucks.

But I think the point he's making is, a lot of people out there will go buy a diesel to pull their single axle trailer with a side by side in it, or a small boat when they can easily get a way with a smaller gasser truck. They just want the diesel. If I wasn't pulling huge weight on a regular basis no way I'd buy one just for fun.
I’ve got newer 150’s and 250’s. We do not pull that kind of weight with a half ton pickup. Just because the factory says you can doesn’t mean you should. Ever priced a 10 speed auto? Or a new rear? I have.

I wouldn't tow daily with an eco and any fuel savings you ever had is wiped out when that turbo goes. I've always opted for the NA engines even though they have less HP, they're less problematic in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom