• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to buy new Diesel pickup need input

Which Brand do you recommend and why?

• Total voters
****tin me!! What parts of SC? Near us?
Anderson For sure, I’m assuming others as well. My understanding that it is the EPA, may be only SC but I doubt it.
I imagine they are only pulling those that are “rolling coal” I know Georgia has a law against visible smoke, so that would be PC.

My 2017 F350 SRW has been really good mechanically so far. All stock and dealer maintained. I’ll hit 100k this next week probably.
Max I’ve towed was about 17k one time. Most of the time it’s 12-13k. I did have to change the charge pipe because it had split but didn’t blow like other folks have had.
If I’m not running 80 on the interstate, I get 19-20mpg all day with 295/65r20’s. 14-15 around town but I don’t have a heavy foot.
My biggest gripe is that it regens every 500miles or so.

I recently picked up a 22 6.7 CCLB SRW F350. Had to go the New Mexico to get it since 8’ beds are so hard to find out here.

I don’t tow much except for a 4500 lb 27’ toy hauler occasionally that could be towed easily with a half ton or even V6 Tacoma, but prefer the size a weight of a full size truck so I pay to play.

I drive my little 2.7 access cab Tacoma much more though, the Ford is my “weekend ride.”

I considered a Ram but as others have said, the build quality on the Ram kills it for me.

I won’t own a GM product.

686A5683-0F3C-4B0C-879C-E99590200287.jpeg
IMG_0007.jpeg

I'm late to the party and looks like OP found something. But didn't the EPA make deleting damn near impossible now? You can't even hardly find tuners anywhere, they've all gone in to hiding after the EPA started fining the hell out of companies like SCT and others that were selling the custom tunes with delete kits. I guess the workaround is if you say it's for offroad use. But I've heard they've got sniffers out there that will look for that stuff and if they catch you you're in a world of hurt financially. Especially in the bigger cities. I could be wrong about the delete kits/tuners since I've been out of that game for years now since my last diesel was deleted in 2013 lol.

Also, not sure where all these folks think there's this huge amount of old school 7.3PS and 5.9 Cummins diesels sitting around to buy. They're either clapped out, have 400k miles, both, or the seller wants as much as a new diesel for it :lol:

Pics of new ride
Now that I have it I’m hearing horror stories about CP4 fuel pumps in all the diesels. Anybody have an insight on this?

Attachments

• IMG_1019.jpeg
    IMG_1019.jpeg
    360.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1018.jpeg
    IMG_1018.jpeg
    392.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1020.jpeg
    IMG_1020.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 7
Pics of new ride
Now that I have it I’m hearing horror stories about CP4 fuel pumps in all the diesels. Anybody have an insight on this?
They can crap themselves and dump metal particles right into the entire fuel system. They cool/lubricate themselves in the diesel going to the engine. There are updated systems you can swap in.

Back
Top Bottom