• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lost a CZ Shadow 2 today

Glad you got it back.
I know the feeling. I forgot how many weeks it took, but multiple times a day following the end of the overseas duty, I did the "oh **** where is my rifle?" self-pat down.

You’re right and I’m wrong. It’s good to know that if I ever come across a firearm laying haphazardly on the ground or in a park bench I’ll just leave it for someone else to stumble across, maybe a criminal or a kid. Lord knows I don’t want to break the law or be accused of being a thief and have ODT members say that they wish whomever found (stole) the OP’s pistol would die, or to that effect.
Yeah since that is your only two logical options...:rolleyes:

well not wanting to criticize but be pro active here.
so has the OP ever thought about buying pistols that have lanyard rings??
maybe a lanyard ring and a nice cord or light weight chain would eliminate this problem?
seriously one should be really careful about forgetting a firearm for many, many reasons.
not just loss of the weapon but liability if a child or someone got hurt from the negligence.

So I have an update the last two on the range today were cleaning up a little and noticed it sitting right where I left it. Fortunately I left my ticket from the range when I bought it yesterday in the case and it had my name on it so the guy tracked me down via Facebook and got ahold of me maybe 20 minutes after I made this post. He was super cool and happy to return it to its owner. I met up with him and gave him a little cash to show my gratitude. Where I messed up was I was carrying a double rifle case and the CZ box and on my way out I was so concerned with my suppressor being super hot in one hand and my bag in the other hand I forgot it behind. Not one of my proudest moments for sure but I bet money it won’t happen again! Thank god there is still good people out there
Gives faith that mankind has a chance...

had a senior moment myself, went shooting and had out a 9mm conv. barrel in my G35 and shot it a bit, and packed up and came home. Weeks later got to looking in safe for the G35 and it wasn't there, so, as much as I was embarrassed by calling the club manager at my range to ask if anyone had turned in a OD G35, I did and of course the answer was no. Months later after I had written off the $600 G35, I was in safe room moving a tool box and spotted something OD, and dug deeper and there was the lost G35, it had been layed on the toolbox while in the safe and it fell behind it, oh happy day we were reunited after much searching and embarrassment. Also lost a Mossy 500 once and it reappeared a year later where I had "hid" it, and apparently did a good job hiding it. Dam shame what years do to the memory.

I've been following this thread to see which way it would go.
After I got out of the Navy in 91 I drove a beer truck in Atlanta and early one morning while making a delivery to the Gold Club I saw what I thought at first was a camera case.
I walked over and started to pick it up and realized it was a holstered pistol. Looked around, picked it up and saw it was a Glock, the first I had ever held.
I sat it in one of the trailer bays while I finished rolling beer then stuck it in the back of my pants and walked around front where everyone was running around in a panic.
I asked the security guard what was wrong and he said that the night manager lost his gun. I asked what kind of gun and he said 'a brand new Glock'.
I took out the holstered pistol and said 'this one?'.
I never considered keeping it, and working in the city, out early, I found several lost wallets and always found the owners and returned them.

I like to think I'm a decent person and I don't need any more bad Karma following me into the next life but....if I ever find a duffel bag full of cash I'm going to assume it's drug money and keep my mouth shut.
Like in Good Fellas 'don't buy nothing big'...

Back
Top Bottom