• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Low balling

When you see an item that is desirable and seriously under market price? That's a 'PM auction.'
this has happened I seen a listing and said I will take it the guy replied back and said someone offered more than you did are you willing to pay more, I said we had a deal and well I told him that I will pass and didn't want to deal with anyone that has a character and morals like that. He ended up selling to the other person who didn't show up then pm'd back to me and I politely told him to go f*** himself

Everyone wants to buy low and sell high. To make a deal you have to arrive at a 'value' both parties can live with.

Not difficult.
It's all in how you offer or ask the seller. If I'm listing X product for $1500.00 and I get one of those jerkoff Craigslist type offers you know like. a text saying " 800$ CASH" well I probably won't respond at all. But years ago I would've sent back something like " Okay well go get $700.00 more and CALL me like a grown up. And I'm glad you have cash cause I don't take checks or Pesos."
Now if someone sends me a legit message for X product as in " I have $1100.00 to spend. If you can sell it for that please let me know." That person will get a deal WAY before the CL/Facebook poor grammar Cash jerkoffs. And that's the way I approach sellers if I want to offer less. I know car guys and wholesalers who will literally ask a stranger " What do you want for this turd?" That's not how you negotiate. I'm a firm believer that you can get most people to do things they wouldn't normally do if you ask them the right way.

I may be doin it wrong?? The first buyer to say "I'll take it for asking price" (in ad or pm) we set a meet and everything goes smooth so far "Knock On Wood" . Purchasing has been different only a couple times due to ignorance or dishonesty but hey ; that's what the "Ignore" button is for. All but 1 time I've offered asking price on purchases just because that 1 time I'd dropped 25k on a truck that same week and the wifey was a little sore LOL . Regardless I am an ODT lifer unless it turns upside down and i can't see that ; no brownie points expected , there are a few real dBags here but they're everywhere

I may be doin it wrong?? The first buyer to say "I'll take it for asking price" (in ad or pm) we set a meet and everything goes smooth so far "Knock On Wood" . Purchasing has been different only a couple times due to ignorance or dishonesty but hey ; that's what the "Ignore" button is for. All but 1 time I've offered asking price on purchases just because that 1 time I'd dropped 25k on a truck that same week and the wifey was a little sore LOL . Regardless I am an ODT lifer unless it turns upside down and i can't see that ; no brownie points expected , there are a few real dBags here but they're everywhere
Good point and cool Dave Mann/Easyriders avatar.

Back
Top Bottom