• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lowes selling Craftsman tools!?!

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
Was at a Lowes yesterday and the big Crafstman Tool Boxes caught my eye. I didn't dig deep into the tool section to see if they had the hand tools, but per Lowe's site they will.

Awesome, as I have been a Craftsman guy since I was a hot rod building teenager, and now have accumulated a crate of broken tools I need exchanged. The Sears in Duluth has become a huge no go lately, and the smaller Sears "Home" stores don't carry enough tools to swap out my stuff.

Sears sold The Craftsman brand several years ago. I think to Stanley or Black and
decker. Supposedly they are going to be “Made in America” again. If so, then I’ll be buying Craftsman again. That’s about all I own and can’t stand to see “Made in China” or Taiwan stamped in my tools. Ace hardware stores also carry Craftsman if you have one nearby.

Sears sold The Craftsman brand several years ago. I think to Stanley or Black and
decker. Supposedly they are going to be “Made in America” again. If so, then I’ll be buying Craftsman again. That’s about all I own and can’t stand to see “Made in China” or Taiwan stamped in my tools. Ace hardware stores also carry Craftsman if you have one nearby.

Cadcom is correct.....last year Sears sold the "Craftsman" tool name to Stanley. In the agreement, Sears will carry the Craftsman tools for 10 years....after then Sears will have to pay a royalty to Stanley....if Sears decides to keep carrying the Craftsman tools. So far "I don't think" Stanley has not made a statement whether they will continue to keep the "lifetime" guaranty.....but so far they are honoring it.

Cadcom is correct.....last year Sears sold the "Craftsman" tool name to Stanley. In the agreement, Sears will carry the Craftsman tools for 10 years....after then Sears will have to pay a royalty to Stanley....if Sears decides to keep carrying the Craftsman tools. So far "I don't think" Stanley has not made a statement whether they will continue to keep the "lifetime" guaranty.....but so far they are honoring it.

Do you know if they have moved any of the manufacturing back to the U.S, yet? The last time I looked they were all still made overseas.

Strange agreement with Stanley. Here, Sears is struggling, yet sell their best equity name, where it shows up in a direct competitor to their ailing stores.

Back
Top Bottom