• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LSU vs Bama

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not sure how a one loss to South Carolina, UGA, is rated ahead of a one loss to LSU, Bama? :confused:

I can only assume, since Bama’s only “resume” win was a THEN 24 ranked Texas A&M. UGA had a close, non conference win against ND. My thing or argument is that Bama has to play the SEC. the Miss.ST, Ole Miss, Arkansas, etc. but the fact that they are not up to par or not playing good is penalizing Bama. Bama has and usually opens up to a big team. The “Chick-Fil-A” kick off game, again these are teams that are normally good teams.

Alabama has played pretty dominant this year, so far. They lost to a BETTER team according to the rankings by 5 points. I will again go on record and say that LSU is the #1 team in the country, I have said that and I believe they are the team to beat.

I'm not sure how a one loss to South Carolina, UGA, is rated ahead of a one loss to LSU, Bama? :confused:

That's the conundrum. I would have no problem with Bama ranked number 4, UGA number 5. In years past the narrative was "it's not who you lose to, but who you beat". UGA= 2 top 20 wins vs Bama = 0 top 20 wins. But that parameter has a tendency to change year to year, which is what I have a problem with. I also think whatever a team did the year before should have zero to do with the present, but it does in many cases.

I can only assume, since Bama’s only “resume” win was a THEN 24 ranked Texas A&M. UGA had a close, non conference win against ND. My thing or argument is that Bama has to play the SEC. the Miss.ST, Ole Miss, Arkansas, etc. but the fact that they are not up to par or not playing good is penalizing Bama. Bama has and usually opens up to a big team. The “Chick-Fil-A” kick off game, again these are teams that are normally good teams.

Alabama has played pretty dominant this year, so far. They lost to a BETTER team according to the rankings by 5 points. I will again go on record and say that LSU is the #1 team in the country, I have said that and I believe they are the team to beat.

Agreed, and UGA also beat UF. LSU has the most quality wins by far, it's not even close. OSU beat Wisconsin and that's it. As it looks right now, it should be the Cajuns vs the Buckeyes in the final game.

I think Bama's drop in defense from years' past may also pay into the decision making process, while UGA's defense has been doing pretty well with a couple of SEC shutouts and no rushing TDs against them(although they have not really gone against an offensive juggernaut).

Dreams do come true you know. Unless you’re a UGA fan.

You Tide fans sure are a sensitive bunch. We will win out. Probably lose to LSU and go to the Capital One Bowl. But the committee let all you Gump's know you will be watching LSU in the playoffs. But be assured nothing will warm my heart more than watching trailer parks burn and Bama tears flow. You had your shot and lost. We know all about that. So your pathetic jabs are nothing new. You should have been embarrased but LSU's Defense couldn't stop a nose bleed.

Make's for great conversation.

But all you guys are right. The Dawgs have no chance to beat LSU(eye roll) - heck we might as well not even show up to play that juggernaut Auburn. We might as well quit now.

Make's for great conversation.

But all you guys are right. The Dawgs have no chance to beat LSU(eye roll) - heck we might as well not even show up to play that juggernaut Auburn. We might as well quit now.

Good idea. Where do I sign the petition showing my support?

Back
Top Bottom