• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LWRC Piston problems

Are you sure you didnt put in a LWRC ultra compact buffer? They are designed for their ultra compact stock and receiver extension. The buffer is significantly shorter than a standard carbine buffer.

If I were you, I would compare it to another buffer if you have one, or measure it and post the length.

Are you sure you didnt put in a LWRC ultra compact buffer? They are designed for their ultra compact stock and receiver extension. The buffer is significantly shorter than a standard carbine buffer.

If I were you, I would compare it to another buffer if you have one, or measure it and post the length.
Spoke with technical support at LWRC "Rodney". Nice guy. He stated the buffer tube seems to be too long and to measure it. The one they recommend is just under 7 1/4". I asked about buffer length. He said the standard H2 buffer is what the recommend. Standard weight buffer is all that is needed.

Spoke with technical support at LWRC "Rodney". Nice guy. He stated the buffer tube seems to be too long and to measure it. The one they recommend is just under 7 1/4". I asked about buffer length. He said the standard H2 buffer is what the recommend. Standard weight buffer is all that is needed.
I'm very curious about the buffer tube as well. Where did you get it? Who installed it?

Are you running a commercial receiver extention?

Are you running a commercial receiver extention?
It's as standard milspec from Larue tactical. Larue measurements for the one I ordered is the same recommended length from LWRC. Now I need to measure the buffer tube to make sure it wasn't a 7.62 length sent by accident. Going around in circles

I think all milspec buffers are 7.25". Commercial ones are a bit longer but I think internal dimensions are the same. I've never built an AR10, but I though the would be wider and wouldn't work for the most part on an AR15 lower.

I think all milspec buffers are 7.25". Commercial ones are a bit longer but I think internal dimensions are the same. I've never built an AR10, but I though the would be wider and wouldn't work for the most part on an AR15 lower.
Nope. Same external dims, just 0.75" longer.

Back
Top Bottom