• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marijuana and Violence study

Folks, the weed that was used in the 60S is not the same as the weed today. It has been bastardized, made stronger and in some cases crap added to it and makes dangerous. In one state where it is legal, car accidents have increased. It is not harmless just like alcohol is not harmless. Depends on how you use it and where. Jmo

Folks, the weed that was used in the 60S is not the same as the weed today. It has been bastardized, made stronger and in some cases crap added to it and makes dangerous. In one state where it is legal, car accidents have increased. It is not harmless just like alcohol is not harmless. Depends on how you use it and where. Jmo
Has their population increased as well? Or just the accidents?

can't separate the weed from what's in it, and they are creating stronger strains

Not feeling at all violent myself.... I'm feelin...... "MODERATE" :cool:

Screenshot_20221209_210151.jpg

No drug is harmless when it comes to operating dangerous machinery. In fact driving while talking on your cell phone stone-cold sober is just as bad as driving drunk is according to most studies.

If you went back in time you could walk into any drug store in the US before WWI and buy opium, heroin, cocaine, 'tincture of cannabis', and amphetamines. And no one would even think of arresting you if you ate some special mushrooms or cacti.

Sure people got addicted to drugs. Sure they ruined peoples lives. So fast forward to today.

They still ruin people's lives and the addictive ones are still just as addictive. The big difference is that rather than seek medical help for their problems, we throw users in jail and create a whole new class of criminals.

Utter madness.

There is no reason that ANY drug should be illegal to possess. If you use it and ruin your life that's your problem. If you commit some kind of crime while on it, it's your responsibility.

And don't give me that BS about crime increasing if you legalize drugs. Take the criminals out of the picture like we've done with alcohol and you reduce crime 1000-fold.

The cartels would disappear overnight, and street gangs would have nothing to fight turf wars over. A few more junkies breaking into cars would be a God-send at that point.

Back
Top Bottom