• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marijuana and Violence study

Only 190 million users world wide? Bull crap, it's probably 20 times that number.
lol. Yeah, I wonder how they define 'user'. Granted, some countries take a definitively (and final) dim view of usage, but still. At 7.7 billion inhabitants, that's only one 2.5%. I don't think so......

I know a very sweet and beautiful young lady that tried dabs for the first time and had a panic attack so bad she jumped out of a moving car. The high THC weed products ain’t the same as your granddaddy’s.

Wow..... Doesn't exactly fit the stereotype. So sad.
"We learned that he'd been sober for weeks," recalls Laura, whose son — who had a 4.0 GPA in high school and racked up a perfect score on his SAT test in mathematics — had been diagnosed with cannabis-induced schizoaffective disorder and put on an anti-psychotic medication.

I know a very sweet young lady that tried dabs for the first time and then had a panic attack so bad she jumped out of a moving car. The high THC weed products ain’t the same as your granddaddy’s.

Taking to much can definitely give you full blown panic attack, especially for someone who has no previous tolerance.

And being way to high on any drug, marijuana being no exception, can lead one to making rash decisions.

You'll find no argument from me there. It's a drug, it alters your state of mind and that can be inherently dangerous. 100% agree.
But as far as recreational drugs go I can't think of a single one with less consequences than marijuana. You can't even overdose if you wanted too.

What is far more common, and the norm for 99% of teens is getting way to high, having a full blown panic attack, thinking you're gonna die, then later coming down, eating an entire bag of Doritos and laughing about it till you fall asleep.

Drugs are bad. But talking about marijuana and violence makes you sound like Joe Biden talking about 9mm blowing lungs out of the body :lol:
It's just plain ignorant.

Exactly how would you determine it was weed causing it?
"Perfectly level-headed" is a subjective term.
What's interesting is you can find almost any study you want, supporting whatever 'side' you want. But one side seems to be short on objective facts and long on conjecture.
The below are objective facts. What anyone chooses to conclude or ignore is up to the individual.
Colorado legalized recreational use in December of 2012 (and retail in Jan 2014).
These are the resulting numbers. https://www.disastercenter.com/crime/cocrime.htm
Last data shown is 2019 which shows a 31% increase in the violent crime rate (adjusted for population increase).
And since 2019, it's even worse. https://www.cpr.org/2022/03/10/colorado-crime-rates/
Statistics can be used to prove anything if you massage the data. There are so many other mitigating factors to Colorado's crime issues....weed isn't one. Weed use here is like alcohol so if you were to take those stats and run them against booze the numbers would be the same or probably even higher (no pun intended).

4EAFE4C3-AA98-43D0-BD4D-88F710EB7B6B.png

Statistics can be used to prove anything if you massage the data. There are so many other mitigating factors to Colorado's crime issues....weed isn't one. Weed use here is like alcohol so if you were to take those stats and run them against booze the numbers would be the same or probably even higher (no pun intended).
There's no 'massaging'? It's simply the stats. What makes you say definitively weed is NOT one of the contributing factors? And are you suggesting that alcohol use has gone up equally as much as marijuana use since marijuana was legalized? What are you basing that on? I know you live there (only post legalization I assume) so perhaps you have some added info. When it comes to issues like this I tend to be data driven. Like Ross Perot, I'm all ears......

People forget that weed was never the "mile high" drug of choice. it is cocaine. My best friend(known for 30 years, both eagle scouts...same troop) moved to Colorado 12 years ago for work. I have spent a LOT of time in Colorado over the past 12 years.

Weed isn't the problem. it is cocaine, opiates and meth. Like everywhere else.

I know a very sweet and beautiful young lady that tried dabs for the first time and had a panic attack so bad she jumped out of a moving car. The high THC weed products ain’t the same as your granddaddy’s.

'Dabs' are highly concentrated forms of THC.

Comparing Dabs to regular product is like saying beer and Everclear are the same.

There's no 'massaging'? It's simply the stats. What makes you say definitively weed is NOT one of the contributing factors? And are you suggesting that alcohol use has gone up equally as much as marijuana use since marijuana was legalized? What are you basing that on? I know you live there (only post legalization I assume) so perhaps you have some added info. When it comes to issues like this I tend to be data driven. Like Ross Perot, I'm all ears......
since marijuana was legalized in Colorado...the population bloom is huge and ongoing. weed got more people in the state. more people and diminishing resources, homes, jobs...are what drove up crime. Denver has been at 99%+ occupancy since 2012.

Back
Top Bottom