• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marijuana and Violence study

Is this the same NIH that many of the ODT crowd have been screaming about for the last two years?
Interesting,

That’s my point. Some folks can’t control their urge to eat. Other folks can’t control their urge to open up a can of whoop ass.
I don't smoke but I'll say about 3/4 of my friends do. When they smoke violence is not what occurs, even a couple of them that have a bad temper sober are as mellow as a kitten after getting stoned. When they drink though that's a different story. :pound:

I don't smoke but I'll say about 3/4 of my friends do. When they smoke violence is not what occurs, even a couple of them that have a bad temper sober are as mellow as a kitten after getting stoned. When they drink though that's a different story. :pound:
Everyones personal experience for the past thousand years is irrelevant because Colorados crime stats have seen an uptick in recent years.

since marijuana was legalized in Colorado...the population bloom is huge and ongoing. weed got more people in the state. more people and diminishing resources, homes, jobs...are what drove up crime. Denver has been at 99%+ occupancy since 2012.
Except that several states have grown and are growing more than CO and don't have the same violent crime increase per capita.

Except that several states have grown and are growing more than CO and don't have the same violent crime increase per capita.
who is growing more? since 2010? Colorado has been in the top 5 for population growth for more than a decade.

who is growing more? since 2010? Colorado has been in the top 5 for population growth for more than a decade.

Several states https://www.census.gov/dataviz/visualizations/043/ (Since that doesn't include the last two years TX, FL and other blue states are under represented in growth but still surpassing CO). But using whatever list you'd like, do the states that have grown as much or more than CO have an equally high growth in the violent crime rate?

Back
Top Bottom