• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marlin rifles back to good?' sss

I have a Marlin 336, I think the date of manufacture was Nov of 2016 and it's been fine so far. I did manage to sheer off the bolt that holds that fore grip ring in place, but that was an easy fix. Got a newer screw from Brownells for a couple bucks and good as new now.
Ditto. Seems like a common problem (according to Google).
And the failure was not due to tightening. Screw only he threads on the head end, and a long smooth shaft. Shaft is what broke.
Problem is, the replacement, while bought from Brownells, is made by Marlin. No assurance it's not just as bad. Seems like poor quality metal - makes you wonder about the other small parts.

Just picked up an 1895sbl, and I can say im very pleased with it. Fit and finish is good and sights are perfectly straight and inline. No extra dove tail cuts in the barrel either lol. I'm looking forward to getting to shoot it. Picked up some ammo today.
20190403_102640_HDR(1).jpg

Just picked up an 1895sbl, and I can say im very pleased with it. Fit and finish is good and sights are perfectly straight and inline. No extra dove tail cuts in the barrel either lol. I'm looking forward to getting to shoot it. Picked up some ammo today.View attachment 2084146

Congrats on the purchase, that is a beauty ! Is that the 45-70? How much did it run, if you don’t mind me asking? Where did you get it from?

Thanks !

I picked up a new 1894 38/357 Marlin this year and can't say a bad thing about it. Did the drop Happy Trigger kit from Wild West Guns and it's super sweet now. After a few hundred cycles of the action really smoothed out it's functioning. The sights came straight and the fit and finish of the rifle is very good. I just didn't want the extra weight or do deal with the Henry tube feed. Highly recommend getting the trigger kit if you own a Marlin.

There was a feature on the NRA program this week on the Marlin factory. They addressed the problems and have all new manufacturing process in place. Now each firearm is built to one spec. not up to the individual armorer. The Marlin guy says he gets 1" groups from the 45/70 and the .444..Pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom