Masters time again

TW might have been good for the gentlemen's game at some point but he is far removed from being a gentleman.
I have to admit, he's the first and only athlete I actually bought into the public image and was disappointed when reality set in. I'd have been happy if he never made a another cut after that. I guess being a multi-millionaire who gets to play golf for a living and having a Swedish model for a wife was just too awful to deal with.

Reactions: JWC
I have to admit, he's the first and only athlete I actually bought into the public image and was disappointed when reality set in. I'd have been happy if he never made a another cut after that. I guess being a multi-millionaire who gets to play golf for a living and having a Swedish model for a wife was just too awful to deal with.

Enjoyed watching Tiger's performances and he has upped the competitiveness of the game. Never been a fan of his or Furyk for completely different reasons.

Tiger was the best golfer I ever saw, when he was in his prime. I did not watch golf when Jack, Arnie, Tom and others were in their prime, so Tiger was the best I saw. Tiger was muscular, looked like an athlete, was longer off the tee, hit more greens and made more putts than anyone else. Tiger is breaking down like so many athletes in other sports have broken down. The fact that he is breaking down in his knees, shoulder, back and now his wrist (?), reminds me of other athletes that broke down in similar fashion from using steroids. Not accusing Tiger of using, but you have to admit, it is similar. Tiger ended up in the top 20. A testament to how good he was. But have you ever heard more talk about a golfer who was 13 strokes behind the leader? I have not either.

Tiger was the best golfer I ever saw, when he was in his prime. I did not watch golf when Jack, Arnie, Tom and others were in their prime, so Tiger was the best I saw. Tiger was muscular, looked like an athlete, was longer off the tee, hit more greens and made more putts than anyone else. Tiger is breaking down like so many athletes in other sports have broken down. The fact that he is breaking down in his knees, shoulder, back and now his wrist (?), reminds me of other athletes that broke down in similar fashion from using steroids. Not accusing Tiger of using, but you have to admit, it is similar. Tiger ended up in the top 20. A testament to how good he was. But have you ever heard more talk about a golfer who was 13 strokes behind the leader? I have not either.
I saw him at the Masters. I was standing probably 25 feet from him (I was on one side of a trap, he was on the other) as he hit a long iron for his second shot off a par 5. This was in 2002 or 2003. When he hit the ball, it was louder than most rifle shots and everyone (myself included) flinched at the report! I had never seen or heard any shot like that before. The guy was a beast. He certainly elevated the game. Hopefully sans PEDs.

He was awesome athlete having seen him in person at a couple of tournaments in years past. Been watching golf since B&W days as a kid.

I wish the media's fascination with him would diminish but he did much better than I expected. I guess that's the story. I really hope he doesn't break Jacks record. Maybe Spieth and Rory will completely dominate and become the Jack and Arnie of the next generation. Plus there is a bunch of older guys who can still bring it. If you consider Phil "old".

Back
Top Bottom