• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Masters

Quite a few years back I had a well-connected vendor offer me completely free of charge a Masters package from Monday thru Sunday including a cottage on property and all meals. I told him I needed approval from my boss, President of the company. The President asked what the value of the package was and I said I would find out. The total [at that time] came to just over $4K. My boss quickly said "Nope" but did allow me to enjoy one day of my choice. Thanks.

Yeah, that would have been a case of easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Agree. In a related note, another member of the President's staff was a scratch golfer and became a part-time member of the Augusta National staff and was assigned to the ninth green to record scores. As a reward, he was allowed to play the course the week after the tournament concluded. Thanks.

This is my 4th time going and the second time I’ve won tickets in the lottery. First time in 2010 I was given tickets from my work, second time in 2015 i won 4 tickets for practice round, third time in 2016 my buddy in VA won practice round tickets, and this year I won par three tickets in the lottery. Pretty crazy. Was a great day.

A guy that worked for me grew up playing golf with Angel Cabrera. We went to the opening round on Angel's tickets. Met him and his family/posse. Angel was either leading or in second after that round (can't remember now) so got to experience a little of the press craziness as well. I haven't played in probably 20 years but that course is something to behold.

Back
Top Bottom