• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Maui Jim sunglasses - can't say enough good about them.

I wish I could wear sunglasses. I accused one of my typical UGA fan ( barely graduated high school) bosses of being a Yeti (sticker) and Costa sunglasses stereotype. Then he told me I was all wrong cause his sunglasses were Maui Jim. Oh damn! My bad. But he does have a robin egg blue Yeti cooler.
Banyans have to be my favorite MJ glasses. I've had/tried others but the Banyan is what I like. I'm going to be crushed if they discontinue them like Wolverine Boots discontinued the Herrin 8" lace up.

Had a few pairs over they years, currently in my rotation only pair of mj’s are the bird, love the lenses but the frame has left a lot to be desired, first the rubber on the temples rotted off in less than half a year and the screws that hold the frame together continue to back out and then the lenses falls out, I have locktighted the pair I got back on warranty but a nearly $400 pair of sunglasses in my opinion should not require daily tightening, the rubber on one of the temples is already coming apart. They do have fantastic customer service. I just the other day sent back a pair of their World Cup that I shattered the lenses on last year and they were perfect for 5 years before I dropped them on concrete. I also have Persol and costas in my rotation, I find the glass lenses really extend the life of my glasses, and really prefer the Persol polarizing but they have very limited frame styles

Why is it that this is what I’m picturing…?
IMG_6741.jpeg

Sunglasses are one thing where you get what you pay for. MJs, Oakleys, and Costas are my go-tos.
Sunglasses are like pens. When I started in the car bidness in 95 everyone wanted Ray Bans Oakley's etc. and Mont Blanc pens. But you find out pretty quick that all those things will just get up and walk away as soon as you ain't looking.

Back
Top Bottom