• Miata

Votes: 23 63.9%

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Who cares

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Tacos..

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
With it being sold for a friend over seas I'm more worried at that price of it being stolen

That sends up a Red Flag for me. Maybe I'm paranoid. But, maybe not. But, what if I am.

In any case, I don't think I'd buy a car from someone who is out of the country. Too, too many scams and better options out there.

Just my 1 cent worth. Used to be 2 cents, but I'm not quite as good as I once was.

I was at a car show in Ohio a few weeks back and a guy rolled up in a nice Miata with a LS6 under the hood. Yes, you read that right.

I say Miata :)
One of my old bosses has one with a 302 under the hood.

I can't imagine one with a LS6!!

As a Miata owner for 16 years I am biased. Get a Miata. Tons of upgrades available. If you want more power, supercharge or Turbo it. If you want a ride in a 200RWP one, PM me.

If you're not sure what to choose between a Miata or a 944, then you don't know enough about either.
Basically, the Miata will be cheaper and easier to maintain, but it's a flimsy disposable POS compared to a 944.
The 944 costs a lot more to maintain, but it's a German sports car and much more solid and you don't have to worry about being run over by a Harley or other large bike.
Some recommended the Honda S2000, which is a good choice for $6k-$8k, and a far better car overall (unmodified) than either the Miata or 944. Still a Honda, so yes it will be somewhat fragile and flimsy, but not quite like a Miata.
How much do you want to spend and over what time period? I'd recommend a 944 Turbo (more $) over the regular 944, and the S2000 over the Miata or regular 944.
Every car is upgradeable...you can invest (waste) 5x more than its value on "upgrades" like some do to a Glock (apparently, lol)
Regardless, opinions on a forum might not mean ****, so, go try them out, educate yourself on both models (and others) and then decide.

Miata, that what my daily driver (08 GT 6MT) is and is approaching 100k with only routine maintenance. Not the quickest car on the road; but a lot of fun. You can drop the soft top in about 3-4 seconds. Putting it up is about a 4-5 second process from the drivers seat.

What are the Z3's going for these days?
There were a few at your price, but, what if you have to haul more than one woman?!

Last edited:
I owned a 92 Miata and it was a fun car. For $7000 you can get a heck of a nice one and a lot of people use them as 3rd cars so if you look around, low mileage examples can be found. The bonus is that they are really easy to work on. Try the enthusiast forum, Miata.net. They have a for sale section.

Back
Top Bottom