Mobile reloading rental

Cbae123

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
102   1
Reaction score
I was wondering what you guys thought about this idea I had this morning and to me it sounds good but I am positive I have not rapped my head around all of the ups and downs of this but, what would be the liability, your thoughts of the negative and positive of this idea? I have a XL1050 in 223 ready for reloading and can get a small enclosed trailer to set up a bench and work area to have people reload on a XL1050. The rental fee unsure, but some one that wanted to reload their own brass could, also I could sell the components and work a deal that way also have a XL650 set up for 9mm the same way. I am just rattling the can. Thanks to all for the input.

Seems like a good way to get sued when someone blows up their gun with a double charge. Every customer would likely be totally inexperienced. You would have to sell your labor and give them free rental because you would have to watch them like a hawk. I expect that you'd have to charge $50 per hour at least. Probably more like $100 per hour considering the truck and trailer. Maybe even$150 with the generator and heat/cooling.

How about a liability waiver. Also would it not work like equipment rental? If the equipment is faulty and get injured by the machine different than if you are a poor or unskilled reloader.

You can get sued for anything.

The problem I see is in the size of the customer base. Not many people will participate in my view. I just do not think that there is enough business.

You would have to involve an Attorney for proper rental agreement. As long as your equipment was in good working order someone would be hard pressed to sue you, not that they wouldn't try. Components, Brass, bullets, powder, primers are so hard to find I would say you could easily set on everything for a couple years before you could rent it. Lots more than this to think of. Good luck if you decide to go forward.

I would allow someone to come and have YOU reload their ammo for cost + time. Maybe...
This would be a good way to meet people, make money, save them money, introduce someone to reloading.

I think having the equipment is part of the learning curve that most be navigated to safely reload. Therefore, I would not allow someone else to use my stuff without direct supervision.

Back
Top Bottom