Mobile reloading rental

Liability waiver isn't worth squat when the widow goes after you in court on behalf of her and her 3 little kids for support and loss of their breadwinner.

I have witnessed it and it doesn't end well .
Yup. Waivers do not effect, whatsoever, the estate from filing suit as well. The estate of suits get nasty

How about a Bill o' sail? Would that protect you?
giphy.gif

You would have to involve an Attorney for proper rental agreement. As long as your equipment was in good working order someone would be hard pressed to sue you, not that they wouldn't try. Components, Brass, bullets, powder, primers are so hard to find I would say you could easily set on everything for a couple years before you could rent it. Lots more than this to think of. Good luck if you decide to go forward.
That just gives him more time to think this through and come up with a good game plan and get an enclosed trailer and finish his setup. I'm all for small businesses getting started.

Op I hope you at least give this a try or something along these lines, I wouldn't let others use my equipment, maybe just offer the service of reloading the ammo for them using their components. And yes, if anything goes wrong its on them, GA arms wouldn't care if they get sued, thats why you have a business name and get bonded so they sue the company and not you personally.

As a small business owner I will say this...I see no way to make a profit doing this and way too many liability issues. Licensing, taxes, incorporation fees.....lots of overhead with very little coming back. Also consider this.....so your potential customer has shot a bunch of 5.56 or 9mm and has a metric butt ton of brass...but no primers, powder, or projectiles. Now what?? They are extremely hard to find, about as hard as loaded ammo, and prices are through the roof. So who is your client base?? Desperate and willing to pay any price? Casual plinker that just wants a few hundred rounds for the weekend?? Competition shooter that needs large amounts on a regular basis?? Who is running the machines? You or them?? If its you then you just entered a whole new licensing area, more expense.

I dont see it working in any way shape or form. I see you pouring a ton of money down a hole and getting very little of it back. You gotta make profit, lots of it, and over a long period of time. Does this idea sound like it will do that?? Sorry, but it doesnt to me.

Back
Top Bottom