Mobile reloading rental

I would allow someone to come and have YOU reload their ammo for cost + time. Maybe...
This would be a good way to meet people, make money, save them money, introduce someone to reloading.

I think having the equipment is part of the learning curve that most be navigated to safely reload. Therefore, I would not allow someone else to use my stuff without direct supervision.

Manufacturer's license, liability, there's no upside to that.

You would have to involve an Attorney for proper rental agreement. As long as your equipment was in good working order someone would be hard pressed to sue you, not that they wouldn't try. Components, Brass, bullets, powder, primers are so hard to find I would say you could easily set on everything for a couple years before you could rent it. Lots more than this to think of. Good luck if you decide to go forward.

This was what I was thinking as long as the equipment was in great shape and inspected to be in spec I don't see why not.

I think you'd make more money and have less headaches if you simply charged folks a one time fee to watch you while you dug your own eyeballs out out of your head with a salad fork.
Wow, this guy.... appreciate it but I use my fork to get fat so I can sue the fork manufacturer. I think I might even be able to get a class action going cause I've seen a lot of fat people lately.

I would allow someone to come and have YOU reload their ammo for cost + time. Maybe...
This would be a good way to meet people, make money, save them money, introduce someone to reloading.

I think having the equipment is part of the learning curve that most be navigated to safely reload. Therefore, I would not allow someone else to use my stuff without direct supervision.
I feel what you are saying but then its about the manufacturing FFL would be required. The excise tax and liability insurance are a no go for that. Then I might as well become a manufacturer. I do feel that a reloading class would be a good thing that people might want to learn. I know that there are a lot of YouTube videos but not with different presses and you are right, part of the learning process is feeling and using some of the equipment.

Anything that goes wrong will be on you. Justified or not, the courts will side with the plaintiff.

And, you will now be an ammo mfg. It's doable, but know the liability, registration, taxes etc all fall to you.

Seen plenty of small reloaders, ie ammo manufacturers, come through. Near uninsurable. Take heavy losses. Even if you plan on allowing them to load, liability will fall back to you as you, "as a reasonable person" should know that they do not have the necessary skills and knowledge to manufacture their own ammunition. Waivers probably won't stand as they are not difficult for an attorney to get around and nullify the waiver.

How about a liability waiver. Also would it not work like equipment rental? If the equipment is faulty and get injured by the machine different than if you are a poor or unskilled reloader.
I worked with a guy that rented a pressure washer. He stuck his finger into the nozzle stream. Don't ask me why. Lost the tip of his finger. He got a fat check from the rental company.

devito shakin head nope.gif

Back
Top Bottom