• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mosin Threading problems

1.bp.blogspot.com__A1T0n1D4buU_UCcvYV5qwnI_AAAAAAAAENM_zGk6iuTdfbbd201457216566259ca266444a7a5.jpg

Well the Mosin is now with Nate at Ft. Daniel for threading. .5x28 and 5/8x24 both caused issue with barrel thickness and I didn't want to cut the barrel down, so it will be threaded M14x1 Rh, and then an adapter placed on it to bring it to 5/8x24.

Also I saw Jdgreenberg's 300blk Mossberg MVP, it was really cool

i.imgur.com_ZNEWV2u.png

i.imgur.com_5znEev8.png

i.imgur.com_HOAGSBS.png_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.png

Also, what kind of can are you using? I know you got enough sense to not shoot corrosive ammo through a sealed can.

Nothing wrong with shooting corrosive through a sealed can. I asked AAC this and they said don't even think twice about it. Plus I don't think anyone even makes a take apart centerfire rifle can anymore.

So?? Is it done? Did he get it free?

He doesn't have to take the action off, he can get mosins in without removing the action or rear sight. He has a ton of work, which I got to peek at and it is super cool, so the mosin won't be done immediately. Also I had to buy the m14x1rh to 5/8x24 adapter and have it sent to him for him to use to determine how the threads will be cut, so that ads a few days to the process.

Also I'll just say he is working on a sick 300blk integral.

He doesn't have to take the action off, he can get mosins in without removing the action or rear sight. He has a ton of work, which I got to peek at and it is super cool, so the mosin won't be done immediately. Also I had to buy the m14x1rh to 5/8x24 adapter and have it sent to him for him to use to determine how the threads will be cut, so that ads a few days to the process.

Also I'll just say he is working on a sick 300blk integral.

He always has a cool project or two going! I need to get by there - been a while!

Back
Top Bottom