Most fuel economical small cars?

What do you mean furious?

I mean that an average MPG (actual real life average) is going to be far less than what most cars are rated. If you have a car thats rated at 14city 30 hwy then you can expect to get closer to the 14. Just because you have a piece of paper saying a certain MPG doesnt make it so.
Drain your tank, fill it with a precise amount and then drive until the tank runs dry again. Then do the math. Distance traveled divided by gallons used. The answer is what your car is actually doing on AVERAGE = actual real life average.
Sure , I can put a Honda in neutral at hwy speed and at that exact moment the car may be getting 80 MPG. As soon as I drop it back into gear it returns to gettting 25MPG.

My 350Z is rated at 26 MPG. It has NEVER got an average better than 19MPG.

Ok, lets review. Just because your car gets 30MPG for 5 mins out of a 3 hour trip while getting 14MPG for the rest of the trip does not mean you can brag about your car getting 30MPG.

This is a great idea,,,, but,,, impossible to tell which car gets the best mileage still. If your car gets 30mpg, it means nothing to me, except, that you got that in your car. I really can't compare your mileage with my driving habits, and does not tell me what to expect from my car or yours if I am driving it. I might do more intown driving than your, or I might do more highway driving than you, or I might be a faster driver than you, or You might be the hotrod!. Too many variables to try to compare. I really wish there were an intensive trials where someone really did a great comparison of all the economy cars,and could tell us tha, yes, this car really does perform better and get better gas mileage than the others. If it were done, I really think the Honda Civic would probable come out on top. But not by much. Wallacem in Ga

I mean that an average MPG (actual real life average) is going to be far less than what most cars are rated. If you have a car thats rated at 14city 30 hwy then you can expect to get closer to the 14. Just because you have a piece of paper saying a certain MPG doesnt make it so.
Drain your tank, fill it with a precise amount and then drive until the tank runs dry again. Then do the math. Distance traveled divided by gallons used. The answer is what your car is actually doing on AVERAGE = actual real life average.
Sure , I can put a Honda in neutral at hwy speed and at that exact moment the car may be getting 80 MPG. As soon as I drop it back into gear it returns to gettting 25MPG.

My 350Z is rated at 26 MPG. It has NEVER got an average better than 19MPG.

Ok, lets review. Just because your car gets 30MPG for 5 mins out of a 3 hour trip while getting 14MPG for the rest of the trip does not mean you can brag about your car getting 30MPG.

M Hyundai gets 39-40mpg all the time. I have been checking it for 4 years now and as long as you don't run the AC my numbers are correct.

06 mustang gt got 26 on 3 differnt trips
06 jeep wrangler straight 6... around 16 usually
05 harley v-rod 39 is best i got riding like a grandma but usually around 20

Back
Top Bottom