• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most overrated/overpricedgun(s)?

I see most are jumping on modern style guns/pistols so I won't go there. To me I'd have to say the Colt SAA (peacemaker) are the most over-priced, for a pistol and the lenght of time they've been made, production should be able to spit them out at a decent rate and keep cost down. The sales are surpressed due to customer cost. Peacemakers are apple pie to Americans, most want them but can't justify the cost.

Last edited:
Hk http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2007/10/09/hk-because-you-suck-and-we-hate-you/

.And by the way, check out our new HK45. We decided that humans don’t need to release the magazine with their thumbs. If you were a really manly teutonic operator, you would be able to reach the controls. Plus we’ve fired 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon. If you don’t believe us, it is because you aren’t a real operator.

Most of us have had bad experiences with some or all of these, but over rated, to me is a level of hype put on a piece that it just can't deliver. Many people feel that Glocks are over rated, they are what they are. They're not mystically magic as some feel, but for the most part they do work quite well. The Kimber pistols, are closer to being in that catergory for me. There's nothing magic about any 1911, but I swear I've had a couple that seemed to be demonically possesed. The T/C Encore is the definition of hype though. To me it tops the list of over rated firearms I've owned. If you cut the price in half, and marketed them as good hunting rifles, instead of target grade tack drivers, they'd be ok. It'd be possible to live up to these claims. I've seen a lot of really disenchanted, disappointed, and plain pissed people with these rifles.

Back
Top Bottom