• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most overrated/overpricedgun(s)?

Overrated...the new hybrid plastic/metal revolvers. They are no lighter than the aluminum-frame models they with which they compete, no smaller than them, and no cheaper. So what's so magical about them?

Overpriced...um, that's most new offerings. I have to agree with Chuckdog...must be a sign of times.

Ruh oh! LOL. I kinda agree. I have a bottom barrel Olympic arms that has ran FLAWLESS since the day I got it. Never one problem. I know a lot of them are hit or miss though.

Oh yea you can get cheap ARs that will run fine. I have just seen some of there problems manifest first hand. I saw a Oly Arms loose it's gas key after 300 rounds. Opened up new new Stag Arms to find the firing pin was pitted. Now most of these things can be fixed if you look the rifle over good before you take it out the first time.

I like an AR with M4 feed ramps and a M16 BCG. To me there is just something about getting a brand new AR that is properly staked and ready to run that gives me the warms fuzzies! LOL!

Oh yea you can get cheap ARs that will run fine. I have just seen some of there problems manifest first hand. I saw a Oly Arms loose it's gas key after 300 rounds. Opened up new new Stag Arms to find the firing pin was pitted. Now most of these things can be fixed if you look the rifle over good before you take it out the first time.

I like an AR with M4 feed ramps and a M16 BCG. To me there is just something about getting a brand new AR that is properly staked and ready to run that gives me the warms fuzzies! LOL!

I staked my gas key the MOMENT I got it. That was a must. I have m4 feedramps on my oly now. I changed out the upper receiver. The cheaper Ars do take some loving care to get it to run the way it should. No doubt about that.

I staked my gas key the MOMENT I got it. That was a must. I have m4 feedramps on my oly now. I changed out the upper receiver. The cheaper Ars do take some loving care to get it to run the way it should. No doubt about that.

Man you have got it set up! To further prove my point that I have a problem, I'm saving up for a Noveske! Don't ask me to justify the purchase because I may start studdering. LOL!

i have to disagree on the glocks. nobody in their price range offers a more reliable gun or better cust. service. period. my .02

I see your glock customer service and raise it Hi-Point. Does glock give you a new gun if you run yours over with a truck?

As for over priced....any machinegun. Overrated, old S&W revolvers. Seriously, the new ones are just as reliable.

Overrated - Kahr...any Kahr. I've owned them all and damn I have tried to love them but eventually they all got traded or sold. Of all the makes/models available Kahr by far has more FTE/FTF/Jam issues in my expereince. Glocks may not be "sexy" but they sure will eat and spit out damn near anything. As for the discussion on H&K's...it's personal preference...just like SIG's...if you love them then it doesn't matter to you what others think about them. I'll be keeping my USP's and P220/226's.

Over Priced - Kimber & Kahr. Kimber because if you are going to spend $1200-1500 on a 1911, why not buy a Dan Wesson or save a little more to buy a Les Baer? Kahr because the price doesn't equal the value. I know others beat up on Kahr because of the Reverend Moon stuff...doesn't hit my radar...what does hit my radar is quality and relaibility.

Back
Top Bottom